Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reshade faster in Windows 10?

Reshade faster in Windows 10? 1 year 4 months ago #1

So I just updated my main desktop to Windows 10 today. After updating to the new Windows 10 nvidia drivers I decided to test some games out. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was getting more performance (about 10-15 more fps in one game I tried) than with Windows 7. I use bloom and ambient light in a lot of games so I often see the framerate hit that I wish were less. Is anyone else experiencing a performance boost in 10?

Witanlore: Dreamtime
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reshade faster in Windows 10? 1 year 4 months ago #2

@vfxninjaeditor I've downloaded it, but im still yet to install. im really hoping that i can install it onto a separate hard drive, so that i can keep my current existing installation of Windows 7.

Reshade faster in Windows 10? 1 year 4 months ago #3

• xlrt
vfxninjaeditor wrote:
So I just updated my main desktop to Windows 10 today. After updating to the new Windows 10 nvidia drivers I decided to test some games out. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was getting more performance (about 10-15 more fps in one game I tried) than with Windows 7. I use bloom and ambient light in a lot of games so I often see the framerate hit that I wish were less. Is anyone else experiencing a performance boost in 10?

What game was that? I've seen some improvements as well :)

Reshade faster in Windows 10? 1 year 4 months ago #4

Specifically, the game I was testing was Just Cause 2. Before Windows 10 I frequently saw the game go between 25-30 fps. Now it's closer to 40-45 fps which is quite a difference. It runs at a solid 60 fps without Reshade.

Witanlore: Dreamtime
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by vfxninjaeditor.