Reshade faster in Windows 10?

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by vfxninjaeditor Reshade faster in Windows 10? was created by vfxninjaeditor
So I just updated my main desktop to Windows 10 today. After updating to the new Windows 10 nvidia drivers I decided to test some games out. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was getting more performance (about 10-15 more fps in one game I tried) than with Windows 7. I use bloom and ambient light in a lot of games so I often see the framerate hit that I wish were less. Is anyone else experiencing a performance boost in 10?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Reshade faster in Windows 10?
@vfxninjaeditor I've downloaded it, but im still yet to install. im really hoping that i can install it onto a separate hard drive, so that i can keep my current existing installation of Windows 7.

• xlrt
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by xlrt Replied by xlrt on topic Reshade faster in Windows 10?

vfxninjaeditor wrote: So I just updated my main desktop to Windows 10 today. After updating to the new Windows 10 nvidia drivers I decided to test some games out. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was getting more performance (about 10-15 more fps in one game I tried) than with Windows 7. I use bloom and ambient light in a lot of games so I often see the framerate hit that I wish were less. Is anyone else experiencing a performance boost in 10?

What game was that? I've seen some improvements as well :)

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Reshade faster in Windows 10?
Specifically, the game I was testing was Just Cause 2. Before Windows 10 I frequently saw the game go between 25-30 fps. Now it's closer to 40-45 fps which is quite a difference. It runs at a solid 60 fps without Reshade.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by vfxninjaeditor.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.