• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #1 by crosire 4.4 was created by crosire
Changelog

4.4.0:
  • Added EXPERIMENTAL support for Vulkan
    To use, install with setup tool as usual, but run the game via the batch file it generates.
    If game uses a launcher, install ReShade to the launcher instead of the game executable (only for Vulkan)!
    <game name>_with_reshade.bat
  • Added D3D12/Vulkan depth buffer detection (based on work by thalixte)
  • Added lots of improvements to D3D9/10/11 depth buffer detection
  • Added option to enable/disable aspect ratio heuristics in depth buffer detection
  • Added support for saving before and after screenshots of the same frame (thanks to Naomi)
  • Added support for "__FILE__" and "__LINE__" preprocessor macros
  • Added "BUFFER_COLOR_DEPTH" definition which contains the color bit depth of the frame buffer (e.g. 8 or 10)
  • Added "ui_spacing" annotation for spacing before variable widgets in UI
    uniform int value1;
    uniform int value2 < ui_spacing = 2; >; // 2 spaces away from value1 widget
    uniform int value3 < ui_spacing = 5; >; // 5 spaces away from value2 widget
  • Added "ui_category_closed" annotation to change default open state of variable categories
    uniform int value4 < ui_category = "Something"; ui_category_closed = true; >;
  • Added buttons to edit effect file and show generated code to technique context menu
  • Added buttons to show diassembled functions to technique context menu
  • Added screenshot support for 10-bit backbuffer formats
  • Added "VertexCount" pass state to change number of vertices to draw from default of 3
    pass MyPass
    {
        VertexCount = 6;
        VertexShader = SomeVertexShaderWhichCreates2Triangles;
    }
  • Added Solarized Dark/Light editor styles
  • Added button to skip tutorial on first start
  • Added version information to "About" page in UI
  • Added highest optimization level flag to HLSL compilation
  • Added timeout to update check to avoid stalling startup because of a broken internet connection
  • Added error message when texture could not be initialized to UI
  • Added option to always use main depth buffer as source in OpenGL
  • Added fullscreen preview for textures on statistics page
  • Added support for filtering to preset selector in UI
  • Added shortcut keys for switching forwards and backwards between presets (thanks to antagonicus)
    Pressing one of those keys performs a smooth transition to the next/preview preset file
  • Added caching for INI files to speed up config/preset loads/saves
  • Added option to disable line info generation for shaders:
    [GENERAL]
    NoDebugInfo=1
  • Updated setup tool to .NET framework 4.8
  • Improved D3D11 performance by removing global locks (now uses a "ID3D11CommandList" hook for state tracking instead)
  • Improved D3D12 performance by reusing a single command list
  • Improve responsiveness of slider adjustment buttons
  • Redesigned statistics page in UI
  • Renamed "Direct3D 10+" button in setup tool to "Direct3D 10/11/12"
  • Changed default of "ClearRenderTargets" pass state to "false"
  • Changed UI toggle key to not open/close UI when editing text
  • Changed preset INI check to look for "Techniques" key instead of "TechniqueSorting"
    This fixes compatibility with certain older presets
  • Changed preprocessor definition name input box in UI to filter out spaces
  • Changed "ReShade.ini" lookup to first check application directory before falling back to DLL directory
  • Changed GUI to be usable while effects are being loaded
  • Changed text editor to be read-only when viewing generated code rather than editing a file
  • Changed vendor and device ID display to print "Unknown" if the IDs are not known
  • Changed keyboard shortcut widget to display "Click to set key shortcut" if none is set
  • Changed default number of reserved OpenGL texture names to 512 to fix artifacts in some old games
  • Fixed D3D12 synchronization
  • Fixed crash in D3D12 if reloading a single effect due to resources being deleted that were still in use
  • Fixed texture upload failing in OpenGL if a pixel unpack buffer is set
  • Fixed spelling mistake in tutorial text
  • Fixed UI artifacts in D3D9/12 and OpenGL
  • Fixed application hash (aka the "__APPLICATION__" definition) not working correctly
  • Fixed freezing when doing a reload while effects are already loading
  • Fixed stutters during effect file loading because of too many threads
  • Fixed GLSL code generation for struct fields with underscores in their names
  • Fixed postfix operators being translated to wrong HLSL/GLSL code
  • Fixed runtime error when evaluating a preprocessor macro with less arguments than it actually takes
  • Fixed crash when effect file contains preprocessor constructs that use the macro name in the definition
  • Fixed infinite loop constructs in ReShade FX getting translated to wrong code
  • Fixed floating point division/modulo by zero on constants not returning the expected results
  • Fixed possible redefinition error when shader contains local variable names beginning with an underscore
  • Fixed log not containing preprocessor errors
  • Fixed unnecessary texture view creation in OpenGL for textures without sRGB format
  • Fixed crash if two effects use same texture name but one as reference and one as normal texture
  • Fixed parsed strings sometimes containing data from previous tokens
  • Fixed text editor line number being overlayed by line highlight box
  • Fixed missing resource state transition for custom imgui textures in D3D12
  • Fixed compiled effect not listing technique if they reference a function with a compile error
  • Fixed wrong runtime recreation failure error message in log even though it succeeded
  • Fixed texture binding in "glFramebufferTextureLayer" hooks (thanks to Boulotaur2024)
  • Fixed potential infinite recursion in D3D device "QueryInterface" implementation
  • Fixed crash in UWP games
  • Fixed "Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" error when downloading shaders in setup tool
  • Fixed background opacity of API selection in setup tool on Windows 7
  • Removed support for saving settings with screenshot (now can only save preset)
  • Removed support for compressed texture formats (they never actually worked, so officially removing them now)
  • Removed recommendation text from effect selection dialog in setup tool (since loading is fast now)
  • Disabled hooking of D3D software devices (fixes artifacts in games that use Direct2D)

4.4.1:
  • Fixed errors/crashes/artifacts in D3D11 games because of a bug introduced in 4.4.0 that caused some texture creation calls to fail (e.g. in ETS2)
  • Fixed a potential crash in D3D12
  • Changed preview image to stay visible when GUI is not open
  • Improved logging for HRESULT codes and redirect arguments

4.4.2:
  • Added workaround for D3DCompiler bug that causes wrong code generation with "floor" intrinsic
  • Fixed crash in D3D12 games
  • Fixed OpenGL screenshots not capturing effects
  • Fixed values not being reset to defaults when creating a new preset
  • Fixed log lines not being flushed to disk
  • Fixed depth buffer detection in games using indirect draw calls (e.g. Assassin's Creed Origins)
  • Fixed "__RENDERER__" value in OpenGL
  • Fixed "tex2Dfetch" intrinsic in D3D9/OpenGL
  • Fixed matrix math code generation for SPIR-V
  • Fixed GLSL compile error when an effect uses a reserved name multiple times
  • Fixed orientation of fragment coordinates ("VPOS/SV_POSITION") in OpenGL
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, CeeJay.dk, Dr4Wm4N, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, brussell, Insomnia, conan2k, MiscSarcasm, MrFreud and 36 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 4.4
Oh, boy! HERE WE GO! THANKS, CROSIRE
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Wicked Sick. Reason: Typo.
  • onestalkyboi
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #3 by onestalkyboi Replied by onestalkyboi on topic 4.4
Installed this to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, got instant ctd, although previous versions by thalixte works fine.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by onestalkyboi.
  • Ronin86
More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by Ronin86 Replied by Ronin86 on topic 4.4
Same problem.
  • xC0C0A
More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by xC0C0A Replied by xC0C0A on topic 4.4
CTD as in a random crash? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to these terms lol
  • Dr4Wm4N
More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic 4.4
This version works well, except for these two games I'm playing:
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: instant CTD with a generic error message.

• Control (DX11): instant CTD with no error message.

• Control (DX12): CTD after first launch screens with some error messages:

CreateCommitedResource: due to removed device
    CreatePlacedResource: due to removed device
    IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers: due to removed device
Tested with an Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti (drivers 441.08 WHQL, on Windows 10 Pro x64 1903), these two games work flawlessly with ReShade 4.3.0.
  • Dr4Wm4N
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #7 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic 4.4

xC0C0A wrote: CTD as in a random crash? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to these terms lol

CTD: crash to desktop.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Dr4Wm4N. Reason: added quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: xC0C0A
  • nowik1971
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #8 by nowik1971 Replied by nowik1971 on topic 4.4
WorldofTanks 64 bits not working!
Tried dxgi to rename d3d9, d3d10, d3d11 does not help, screenshot:
[IMG

In the 32 bit version everything works!
d3d9.Log
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by nowik1971.
  • MarcelE
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by MarcelE Replied by MarcelE on topic 4.4
Elder Scrolls Online, immediate crash at the beginning here as well.
4.3.0 no problem
  • thalixte
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #10 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic 4.4
I confirm the pb. Tested on Control DX12, and the error log is similar to the one posted above:
2019-11-03T12:02:14:954 [12904] | INFO  | Loading image files for textures ...
2019-11-03T12:02:25:930 [12904] | ERROR | Failed to map constant buffer! HRESULT is '0x887a0005'!
2019-11-03T12:02:25:931 [12904] | ERROR | Failed to map constant buffer! HRESULT is '0x887a0005'!
2019-11-03T12:02:25:933 [12904] | INFO  | Redirecting IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(000001AB72667330, FALSE, 0000000000000000) ...
2019-11-03T12:02:25:979 [12904] | INFO  | Redirecting IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers(000001AB72667330, 0, 1920, 1080, 0, 0x802) ...
2019-11-03T12:02:26:041 [12904] | INFO  | Destroyed runtime environment on runtime 000001AB726750B0.
2019-11-03T12:02:26:045 [12904] | ERROR | > IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers failed with error code 0x887a0005!
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
  • Birdy62
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #11 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 4.4
First thank you so much for your work,,
I tried 4.4 with :
Shadows of Tomb Raider (DX12) : works great
Rage 2 (Vulkan) : Vulkan : when i lauch the game with the .bat, it launch twice, once without Reshade and the second one is ok. I had one crash
No Man's Sky (Vulkan) : works great
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Birdy62.
  • coldshiver
More
4 years 5 months ago #12 by coldshiver Replied by coldshiver on topic 4.4
Awesome, big change log!

However the game i tested on (Rebel Galaxy Outlaw DX11 32bit) crashed to desktop immediately in 4.4.0 but works fine on 4.3.0 so i'm forced to keep using 4.3.0 for now. Renaming to dx11.dll did not work

dxgi.dll log:
Warning: Spoiler!
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #13 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.4

thalixte wrote: I confirm the pb. Tested on Control DX12, and the error log is similar to the one posted above:

2019-11-03T12:02:14:954 [12904] | INFO  | Loading image files for textures ...
2019-11-03T12:02:25:930 [12904] | ERROR | Failed to map constant buffer! HRESULT is '0x887a0005'!
2019-11-03T12:02:25:931 [12904] | ERROR | Failed to map constant buffer! HRESULT is '0x887a0005'!
2019-11-03T12:02:25:933 [12904] | INFO  | Redirecting IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(000001AB72667330, FALSE, 0000000000000000) ...
2019-11-03T12:02:25:979 [12904] | INFO  | Redirecting IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers(000001AB72667330, 0, 1920, 1080, 0, 0x802) ...
2019-11-03T12:02:26:041 [12904] | INFO  | Destroyed runtime environment on runtime 000001AB726750B0.
2019-11-03T12:02:26:045 [12904] | ERROR | > IDXGISwapChain::ResizeBuffers failed with error code 0x887a0005!

Hmm seeing how the compiled 4.3.1.600 something .dll from just a few days ago worked it has to be one of the newer commits no?
github.com/crosire/reshade/commits/master

October 30th and newer then since from memory the date of that .dll file was October 28th.

And then minus the Vulkan commits and it should be possible to track it down.
Depth buffer detection code perhaps and the new parameter for that?

Just a thought though, there's a new heuristics option that defaults to 1 / true but it could be something in the code unrelated to any of the new exposed options.

EDIT: Heuristics would be this setting from the config file for each respective API supported.
Defaults to 1 but I added it with a value of 0 for testing purposes instead.

[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]

UseAspectRatioHeuristics=0

[DX10_BUFFER_DETECTION]

[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]

[DX12_BUFFER_DETECTION]

[OPENGL]

[VULKAN_BUFFER_DETECTION]

I just use a singular settings file though so any new cvars are simply added in as new versions of ReShade comes out and can be tested from a disabled state first and then enabled.(Mostly, sometimes it's enabled or it's something that's not just true/false or 1/0)

Doubt it's that easy though, it's probably one of the other commits for D3D since that's what there is so far for the games reported to crash.
(Control and D3D12 standing out a bit but that might help narrow it down a bit further, possibly.)

EDIT: And there's also a bunch of logs ending around the swap chain so it could be something like this unused mutex commit.
github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/d3f470...fb70566052ec73ee4374

I'm not sure though, Crosire or one of the other code submitters could probably track it down once it can be replicated and tested and then a 4.4.1 hotfix I'm thinking would solve it. :)

EDIT: Typos, missing character, character in the wrong place and a ton of other possibilities. Debug symbols and other data and a more extensive logging feature might narrow it down though the compiled release version doesn't have all that but a lot of the earlier commits can be left out if the compiled unoffiicial WIP builds from just a week or so ago come up clean and working meaning it's almost certainly something in the last batch of code updates from the Github repository and testing is narrowed down a bit as a result if it could be something like that without complicating it further or some other issues or regressions or game specific issues. :)
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.
  • ZockerBuddie
More
4 years 5 months ago #14 by ZockerBuddie Replied by ZockerBuddie on topic 4.4
i can not download reshade 4.4 it says a virus was found :(
  • aWhiteCrystal
More
4 years 5 months ago #15 by aWhiteCrystal Replied by aWhiteCrystal on topic 4.4
Microsoft Defender (Windows 10) blocks this Version. A Scan with VirusTotal returns this Warning by Defender: "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B". (A few other Anti Virus Programs detect it as a Trojan too.)
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #16 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 4.4

Birdy62 wrote: First thank you so much for your work,,
I tried 4.4 with :
Shadows of Tomb Raider (DX12) : works great
Rage 2 (Vulkan) : Vulkan : when i lauch the game with the .bat, it launch twice, once without Reshade and the second one is ok. I had one crash
No Man's Sky (Vulkan) : works great

Please, advise.. What am I doing wrong? I tried with no Man's Sky, was the first game I tried and I had no success.

I ran the tool to make sure, selected Vulkan as the API and launched the game via the .bat file that was generated but no hook.

What else did you do?

Also, had some issues with Hitman Absolution, I get a warning message saying that my VGA has zero memory, but with the older version works fine.

EDIT:

And to all these people saying stuff about viruses... Always the same thing on every release... Do you guys know what False Positive means?

Read that topic, this should help you all:

reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5227-ea...-deal-troubles-again
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Wicked Sick.
  • Martigen
More
4 years 5 months ago #17 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 4.4

aWhiteCrystal wrote: Microsoft Defender (Windows 10) blocks this Version. A Scan with VirusTotal returns this Warning by Defender: "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B". (A few other Anti Virus Programs detect it as a Trojan too.)

Every single release this happens...

FIle is fine. Virus scan is wrong. Reshade works by hooking. Virus scanners like to pick up programs that hook. Just because a program hooks, does not mean it is a virus. Use your common sense.

Crosire, you -have- to put in the first post in big bold letters than any virus programs are false positives. Do the same on the Download page before they click to download.
More
4 years 5 months ago #18 by 1311 Replied by 1311 on topic 4.4
It does not happen "every single release". I am using ReShade, and SweetFX before this iteration, for years and I got this the very first time with update 4.4.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #19 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.4
This does happen every single release. It's just that I file the build for whitelisting to the major antivirus vendors shortly before each release, so that this is resolved as soon as possible. That can take a couple of days though (especially on a weekend), so there can be a few days in which some products still wrongly detect it, until the whitelisting process completed and the definition update was pushed out.
  • Skinner
More
4 years 5 months ago #20 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic 4.4
Wolfenstein II The New Colossus, Vulkan no reshademenu shows up. Ran the game via the bat file.
Rage 2 works, just sometimes crash during editing and setting the shaders.
Control dx12 crash during intro with message device removed, CreateCommittedResource: due to removed device
Testing further and many, many thanks for continuing to develop this awesome tool.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.