• BigDuck
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #81 by BigDuck Replied by BigDuck on topic 4.5
Hello thank you for your input. I definitely have tried all your suggested steps before as well but just in case I have done again and am giving you an updated log. This time I just selected colorfulness which I guess is just some simple saturation shader and have moved all the files to proper location and had the installer point to them. Seems in the log it loaded it as usual but again has crashed the same way :(
Any ideas friend?
New log: pastebin.com/cikuUCuT
This one is with no shaders selected, still crash: hastebin.com/keyavenuni.makefile

Edit: Took the same steps with RPCS3, the same exact crash at startup, and it was able to load the effects as how I had set them properly. This applies to any application I try to use with Vulkan :'(
Log: pastebin.com/TxD9eSwE
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BigDuck. Reason: Providing more logs
The topic has been locked.
  • Mahogny
More
4 years 4 months ago #82 by Mahogny Replied by Mahogny on topic 4.5
Same problem here.
windows 10 v1903 Amd rx5700 and newest drivers 19.12.3.
Funny thing is that is it working on my other pc with windows 10 v1803 rx 580 and 19.12.3.

Even msi kombuster crashes when selecting vulkan test.
I have tried moving reshade folder and editing registry to rule out folder permissions issues but no luck.

Could it be os build related ?
  • caac
More
4 years 4 months ago #83 by caac Replied by caac on topic 4.5
Hello! Before anything, thank you for the amazing work! I have a question: would it be possible to implement manual tickboxes to force some game fixes? You see, I recently started playing some Halo 2 and although for the most part everything works fine, there's two weird issues I have: first is something with MXAO that either makes me choose between the level (with the AO bleeding through my arm and weapon), or weapon (which means no AO for environment). I use version 4.5.2 and I don't know if its possibe to re-enable the fix, which dates since version 4.3.0.118 AFAIK. I got some screenshots if its needed

4.5.2 MXAO:
Warning: Spoiler!

4.3.0.118 MXAO:
This one works just fine either with auto-preserve or manually selecting the buffer:

Another detail that was brought to my attention was the AO bleeding through the menus in either 4.5.2 or 4.3.0.118, its probably something I can work out but I thought it would be worth mentioning

And my second issue, which from my understanding may probably be related to the first one: there's something weird going on with the anamorphic lens flare in Bloom.fx. It seems to work fine with other games, even on Halo CE, but for some strange reason it decides to trigger on the backdrops and is quite distracting. I have the flare depth detection set to 1 and I compared it to Halo CE as a quick test. When I have the environment buffer selected, the flare acts as it should, only appearing on certain glow effects and such, except that it also is enabled on the backdrop for some reason:

You can see here the faint glare works properly but the backdrop has an intense glare for some reason, if I use the environment for the depth:

And in here it doesn't even need a lot to trigger, if I use my weapon for the depth:

Maybe there's configuration options or caveats I'm not aware of but I'd like to know if that's the case, and if its possible to fix these issues. Thank you beforehand :)
  • BigDuck
More
4 years 4 months ago #84 by BigDuck Replied by BigDuck on topic 4.5

Mahogny wrote: Same problem here.
windows 10 v1903 Amd rx5700 and newest drivers 19.12.3.
Funny thing is that is it working on my other pc with windows 10 v1803 rx 580 and 19.12.3.

Even msi kombuster crashes when selecting vulkan test.
I have tried moving reshade folder and editing registry to rule out folder permissions issues but no luck.

Could it be os build related ?

Right so with your comment I ended up downgrading to Windows 10 1607 to see if it worked. But sadly I am still having the exact same problem with anything I try with Vulkan. I have done a full clean install of the OS and done the same with the drivers. I am going to provide another log which shows everything apparently has loaded, the textures and shaders and I chose only one effect which was colorfulness but it still has crashed the same way. I am starting to believe this is more of a per GPU issue, so maybe this problem is something that happens to people who own Vega or Navi, something along those lines. Any input from mods would be greatly appreciated.

Log: pastebin.com/aDuwrXgn
  • derrame
More
4 years 4 months ago #85 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic 4.5
Hi

Vulkan games freeze and crash right after launch
  • Birdy62
More
4 years 4 months ago #86 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 4.5
I have a reproductible crash in RDR2 in DX 12, but without any error in the log :
-only in DX12 (it works with Vulkan, but i have some stuttering with Vulkan i dont have in DX12)
-only if one or more Reshade effects are selected (lumasharpen, Fake HDR, etc)
-only at night
-just in front of the saloon in St-Denis (The Doyles Tavern)
A crash with a "Err GFX State" only.
  • anixcool
More
4 years 4 months ago #87 by anixcool Replied by anixcool on topic 4.5

• Fixed hooking in Alan Wake

• Thanks a lot :D :woohoo:
    • ColbyDash
    More
    4 years 4 months ago #88 by ColbyDash Replied by ColbyDash on topic 4.5
    Does anyone know any possible solutions to The Sims 4 not launching and Saints Row IV/The Third crashing while loading the game? I posted two separate topics about this about a month ago and nobody responded to it. I found a temporary solution for SRTT by switching to DXD9 mode (it also fixed the refresh rate). If you want more info, you can head over to my topics via my profile: reshade.me/forum/profile/14064-colbydash
    • thalixte
    More
    4 years 4 months ago #89 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic 4.5

Birdy62 wrote: I have a reproductible crash in RDR2 in DX 12, but without any error in the log :
    -only in DX12 (it works with Vulkan, but i have some stuttering with Vulkan i dont have in DX12)
    -only at night

Without Reshade, does it still crashes ?
    • Birdy62
    More
    4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #90 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic 4.5

thalixte wrote:

Birdy62 wrote: I have a reproductible crash in RDR2 in DX 12, but without any error in the log :
    -only at night

Without Reshade, does it still crashes ?

I thought, but i did a lot of tests with and without Reshade and it crashes sometimes at this place even if Reshade is not installed. The crash occures less often, but there is clearly a glitch right here in DX12.
    So it doesen't seem to be a Reshade problem. Sry about that.
    Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Birdy62.
    • Crimsongz
    More
    4 years 4 months ago #91 by Crimsongz Replied by Crimsongz on topic 4.5
    Hello everyone ! I have a huge problem with Vulkan games (Doom and red Dead Redemption 2) I tried using reshade 4.5.2 on both game but i get weird artefact making the game unplayable as i can't see anything ! I tried uninstalling reshade but still get these weird artefact. The weird thing is i don't have a reshade folder in the Local folder. What can i do ?
    • iAnimeDeath
    More
    4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #92 by iAnimeDeath Replied by iAnimeDeath on topic 4.5
    I have tried getting Vulken to work with RDR2 with 4.5.2 and get insta crash. I made sure all files are removed from game folder and it doesn't even run reshade or load reshade when booting up game. I own Rockstar version of RDR2. Not Epic's or Steam's.

I own RX 5700 XT and latest drivers as well. I think the Global Vulken has issues with Rockstars RockstarSteamHelper.exe file where its the only thing that gets injected and crashes instantly.

Log: This is without anything else install. Just global done.

Here is another log when I just do RDR2 Install with no Global install:
    Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by iAnimeDeath.
    • BigDuck
    More
    4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #93 by BigDuck Replied by BigDuck on topic 4.5

Crimsongz wrote: Hello everyone ! I have a huge problem with Vulkan games (Doom and red Dead Redemption 2) I tried using reshade 4.5.2 on both game but i get weird artefact making the game unplayable as i can't see anything ! I tried uninstalling reshade but still get these weird artefact. The weird thing is i don't have a reshade folder in the Local folder. What can i do ?

The only thing that can work for you afaik is you have to remove them and reinstall them completely. I know that sucks.
    Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BigDuck.
    • Vreem
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #94 by Vreem Replied by Vreem on topic 4.5

iAnimeDeath wrote: I have tried getting Vulken to work with RDR2 with 4.5.2 and get insta crash. I made sure all files are removed from game folder and it doesn't even run reshade or load reshade when booting up game. I own Rockstar version of RDR2. Not Epic's or Steam's.

I own RX 5700 XT and latest drivers as well. I think the Global Vulken has issues with Rockstars RockstarSteamHelper.exe file where its the only thing that gets injected and crashes instantly.

I too have the R* edition and for me it was solved by removing all the Admin rights from both the RDR2 and the R* Launcher. This is advise given by R* but it turns out that ReShade does not work then.
    Also, try this: head over in Windows Explorer to your Documents and then to ..\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings\
    In there, remove everything *except* settings.xml. This is a kind of graphical RDR2 reset without messing with your settings.
    • iAnimeDeath
    More
    4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #95 by iAnimeDeath Replied by iAnimeDeath on topic 4.5

Vreem wrote:

iAnimeDeath wrote: I have tried getting Vulken to work with RDR2 with 4.5.2 and get insta crash. I made sure all files are removed from game folder and it doesn't even run reshade or load reshade when booting up game. I own Rockstar version of RDR2. Not Epic's or Steam's.

I too have the R* edition and for me it was solved by removing all the Admin rights from both the RDR2 and the R* Launcher. This is advise given by R* but it turns out that ReShade does not work then.
    Also, try this: head over in Windows Explorer to your Documents and then to ..\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings\
    In there, remove everything *except* settings.xml. This is a kind of graphical RDR2 reset without messing with your settings.

I never had Admin rights put on the game itself or rockstar launcher. And I did try remove everything in the folder except settings.xml and still wouldn't work.

Though I am curious when you say Admin Rights do you mean remove admin security settings? Or just the checkmark on Run as Admin b/c I never had that checked marked. Or you stating to run the launcher as admin and game as admin?
    Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by iAnimeDeath.
    • EFermi
    More
    4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #96 by EFermi Replied by EFermi on topic 4.5
    Sorry to trouble you, but as a not-so-familiar with concept of how shaders work person I just have to ask: does ReShade use same shader/texture files for all DirectX/OpenGL versions? Like, is it OK to copy my favorite set of shaders from a reshade-shaders/Shaders folder of a DX9 game into an OpenGL/DX10-11-12 one? Or do I need to download shaders for each API at least once and then transfer them in between similar API based games?
    Just copying shader files seems to work just fine right now, but I only tried it for less than a dozen of games yet, so I wonder if it may cause some issues later.
    Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by EFermi. Reason: Added more info.
    • Vreem
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #97 by Vreem Replied by Vreem on topic 4.5

iAnimeDeath wrote: I never had Admin rights put on the game itself or rockstar launcher. And I did try remove everything in the folder except settings.xml and still wouldn't work.

Though I am curious when you say Admin Rights do you mean remove admin security settings? Or just the checkmark on Run as Admin b/c I never had that checked marked. Or you stating to run the launcher as admin and game as admin?

Sorry to hear it didn't work.
    About the admin rights. R* gave/gives the advise in case of game instability, to give RDR and R* Launcher Admin rights with the check mark in properties of those files. But that interferes with ReShade because that works at user level and then it doesn't work. But in your case it is not the cause then.
    Could maybe be a AMD thing then but being an NVidia user, I don't know. Here it all works fine with Vulkan.
    • BigDuck
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #98 by BigDuck Replied by BigDuck on topic 4.5

Vreem wrote:
    Sorry to hear it didn't work.
    About the admin rights. R* gave/gives the advise in case of game instability, to give RDR and R* Launcher Admin rights with the check mark in properties of those files. But that interferes with ReShade because that works at user level and then it doesn't work. But in your case it is not the cause then.
    Could maybe be a AMD thing then but being an NVidia user, I don't know. Here it all works fine with Vulkan.

Yeah I definitely seem to feel it is. I've got a Vega and nothing reshade with Vulkan will work no matter what I do, drivers, OS, moving files to program files, etc. I guess this is also probably the case with people who have 5700 and 5700xt's but works for people with something from Polaris. I guess it probably just doesn't work on Navi and Vega right now.
    • reflect4dead
    More
    4 years 3 months ago #99 by reflect4dead Replied by reflect4dead on topic 4.5
    Hi crosire so i've been trying to get reshade to work with HITMAN 2 DX12retail but it always crashes on launch it launches the game but then it goes black screen and then it crashes. and i have been always updating reshade in hope it will work with HITMAN 2 but till today it doesn't work with dx12 version of it it works fine with dx11 but i have far worse performance on 11 over 50fps loss anyways im hopeful that you will fix someday thanks for the hard work !
    • igluk
    More
    4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #100 by igluk Replied by igluk on topic 4.5
    I have exactly the same problem with Hitman 2 DX12, sadly ReShade seems not to be working. In DX11 mode ReShade works but I have hourly crashes, not sure if they are caused by ReShade or the game though. DX12 for me is stable and has slightly better performance.

With Nvidia GPU only workaround so far is to use Nvidia Freestyle - it works in DX12 with some of the curated ReShade shaders.
    nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a...o-geforce-experience
    and use the Nvidia SMAA shader from github
    github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/tree/nvidia

Sadly the game is detected as competitive and it's not possible to use all shaders, for example I couldn't get FakeHDR and LiftGammaGain to work.
    Thankfully Clarity shader works and it improves the game graphics a lot.
    Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by igluk.
    We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.