• amoebae
More
2 years 2 months ago #81 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic 5.0
In The Sims 4 the lighting and shadows are broken with 5.0 (tried each of the 3 release versions so far). Reverting back to 4.9.1 fixes them. This is with a vanilla game, no mods. Screenshots in the spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler!
The topic has been locked.
  • grandgreed
More
2 years 2 months ago #82 by grandgreed Replied by grandgreed on topic 5.0
Marty mcfly rtgi and mxao is no longer works in 5.0 in Bioshock Infinite.
  • ElClopitan
More
2 years 2 months ago #83 by ElClopitan Replied by ElClopitan on topic 5.0

Hi. I have found a problem with RAGE 2. I think it is a Vulkan game and worked with 4.9.1, but no depth buffer. With 5.0.2 and 5.0.1 it will load to the main menu and the ReShade banner and menu will open, but it will be a black screen and crash when loading a game. I am still fiddling to try to get around this. I have also tried the trick that KeatonTheBot  posted to change the API version in the json files to "1.3.198". It didn't work for this game. Will update this post if I find a working solution.

Great work on ReShade. Thank you for making PC Gaming so great for me!

Update: I have now got it working and can load a save (I.e. play the game), but I disabled the generic depth add-on

Try using "1.3" instead of "1.3.198". The specific version seems to differ based on what driver you have installed. Just worked it out on Discord. Hopefully that works for you.

Edit: The new 5.0.2 installer has this change. My browser was caching the download. Changes to 1.3.204.

Still not working on my 2070 super with driver version 511.65. ReShade 4.9 worked with vulkan on the previous driver version. Any advice?
  • crubino
More
2 years 2 months ago #84 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic 5.01

confirm! now im trying beat Walking Dead Saint&Sinners. Reshade affect mirroring screen on PC, but in headset picture dont change

That's weird, since TWD run so well in my PC.Did you using dxgi.dll or kernel32.dll as your Reshade runtime?
And what's VR HMD and GPU driver that you are currently use?
  • mojoZHU
More
2 years 2 months ago #85 by mojoZHU Replied by mojoZHU on topic 5.0

Hi. I have found a problem with RAGE 2. I think it is a Vulkan game and worked with 4.9.1, but no depth buffer. With 5.0.2 and 5.0.1 it will load to the main menu and the ReShade banner and menu will open, but it will be a black screen and crash when loading a game. I am still fiddling to try to get around this. I have also tried the trick that KeatonTheBot  posted to change the API version in the json files to "1.3.198". It didn't work for this game. Will update this post if I find a working solution.

Great work on ReShade. Thank you for making PC Gaming so great for me!

Update: I have now got it working and can load a save (I.e. play the game), but I disabled the generic depth add-on

Try using "1.3" instead of "1.3.198". The specific version seems to differ based on what driver you have installed. Just worked it out on Discord. Hopefully that works for you.

Edit: The new 5.0.2 installer has this change. My browser was caching the download. Changes to 1.3.204.
Thanks for trying to help. I still get no joy with the depth add-on and have to disable it for the game to load past the main menu. I have checked my nVidia driver version and it's 511.65. It has support for Vulkan 1.3 according to the notes, but I don't know the precise sub-version. I have tried values 1.3, 1.3.204, 1.3.198 and 1.3.205 in both json files. I can still use other effects that don't need depth buffer access, such as sharpening and gamma gain. I presume I am trying to use a value that is the Vulkan version on my PC, or at least is being called by Rage 2. Is there any way to find out what it is? I know it may be a very complicated answer.
  • crubino
More
2 years 2 months ago #86 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic 5.0
I've made and uploaded a quick test Reshade 5 with Half-Life Alyx VR.

This is a truly breakthrough for VR image post processing.
I had been dream about this years ago, and now become reality. Wowww!!
Thank you so much, Crosire.
  • Kaatun
More
2 years 2 months ago #87 by Kaatun Replied by Kaatun on topic 5.0
What happened to AmbientLight? I can't find it anymore.
  • amoebae
More
2 years 2 months ago #88 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic 5.0

What happened to AmbientLight? I can't find it anymore.
It's been part of the Legacy pack for a while now. You can grab it directly from github here (the Legacy pack is the 'Master' branch, in case you need to find it again).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaatun
  • crubino
More
2 years 2 months ago #89 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic 5.0.2
I can confirm that Reshade 5.0.2 also work with Hitman 3 VR.
All shaders effect are loaded well. Nice black level, contrast and sharpness also no performance or latency issue, awesome!!!

The only problem is you cannot change/adjust shaders value when you are in-game, since every time we are trying to access Reshade UI overlay from SteamVR then the game would be crashes. So, don't ever trying to press that Reshade icon button in SteamVR during you play the game
for temporary, we should prepare well (set your shaders value as you like it) before run the game, once shaders loaded there is no way to change the value to adjust it
  • Light5hade
More
2 years 2 months ago #90 by Light5hade Replied by Light5hade on topic 5.0
Crosire, Thanks so much for 5.0 Release!

Display Depth worked with Dark Forces - Dark XL, but I cannot get it to work with The Force Engine version. I tried Reshade 4.7, 4.9 and 5.0. I guess that means it is the TFE as it still is in development?
  • Exhalted
More
2 years 2 months ago #91 by Exhalted Replied by Exhalted on topic 5.0
Elder Scrolls Online crashes frequently on alt tabbing and sometimes randomly with 5.0.2, however it is stable on 4.9 with no crashes whatsoever. I can provide the logs if necessary.
  • jsynth
More
2 years 2 months ago #92 by jsynth Replied by jsynth on topic 5.01

confirm! now im trying beat Walking Dead Saint&Sinners. Reshade affect mirroring screen on PC, but in headset picture dont change

That's weird, since TWD run so well in my PC.Did you using dxgi.dll or kernel32.dll as your Reshade runtime?
And what's VR HMD and GPU driver that you are currently use?
OK, my headset is oculus quest 2, connect to pc by airlink, gtx1070, drivers 497.29.
 1. Alyx: legal copy of a game. Reshade 5.0.2 works, BUT in-game gui it constantly RELOADING shaders, like if i hold down F5 in web browser.
2.  TWD pirate version, so there is no steamVR in game ui. Tryed placing dxgi.dll TWD-Saints and Sinners\TWD\Binaries\Win64. When renaming to kernel32.dll, reshade not working.
  • ose111
More
2 years 2 months ago #93 by ose111 Replied by ose111 on topic 5.0
hello, thank you for the excellent product, I use x-plane 11 and up to 5.1 everything was fine, installed the 5.2 but, the screen shines on me, unfortunately I deleted the 5.1 installer, could you get it back? thank you
  • Jesped
More
2 years 2 months ago #94 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic 5.0
Now Forza Horizon 5 works in 5.0.2, but crashes to desktop half the time and the depth buffer detected by heuristics is not the correct one.
  • easy81
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #95 by easy81 Replied by easy81 on topic 5.0
Hi everyone. I introduce myself my name is Francesco.
I recently downloaded Reshade (version 5.02) to be able to use it with steamVr. I install Reshade, but I can't find the Reshade icon in the Steam Vr settings. I don't understand how to configure for SteamVr. You can help me.? A thousand thanks

My game is Automobilista 2
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by easy81.
  • selfboil
More
2 years 2 months ago #96 by selfboil Replied by selfboil on topic 5.0
For people complaining about depth buffer access. Sometimes it is not about reshade per se, it's game internal technics realisation. For me in The Dark Mod it's internal realisaton of antialiasing was "killing" depth buffer. Switched antialiasing to off and voilà the depth buffer is all mine.
  • ModestPixels
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #97 by ModestPixels Replied by ModestPixels on topic 5.0
Love Resade! But this version glitched my Sims out in CAS for The Sims 3. I have a GTX1070
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by ModestPixels.
  • c00ki3
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #98 by c00ki3 Replied by c00ki3 on topic 5.0
5.0.2 causes Fallout: New Vegas to only display a grey screen, even when all shaders are disabled. The color changes by the ingame daytime, at night its black and at sunset it gets kinda red. 4.9.1 is working fine.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by c00ki3.
  • Covid19
More
2 years 2 months ago #99 by Covid19 Replied by Covid19 on topic 5.0
@crosire RDR2 Vulkan gives social club error and game not allowed to continue to play..dx12 works (reshade 5.0.2)
  • threeen
More
2 years 2 months ago #100 by threeen Replied by threeen on topic 5.0
When opening Assetto Corsa, it says that everything is installed correctly, but when you press home, nothing happens, everything worked before, installed the old version and everything is the same, there are options what it could be? I just don't want to roll back Windows.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.