Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Question about flipped depth buffers

Question about flipped depth buffers 1 year 2 months ago #1

• Dwill0328
  • Thank you received: 3
First off let me start off by saying that discovering reshade has been the number 1 biggest upgrade to my gaming experience in the last 10 years (and i have spent thousands on gaming upgrades believe me). Being able to add ambient occlusion to dinosaur-aged games is the most priceless thing in the known universe. It's like experiencing beauty you know 99.99% of people have no idea about. I used to spend countless hours downloading every ENB ever made just trying to get ambient occlusion to work in some older games and i RARELY had any luck.. Reshade is like a godsend. It just works.

But anyhow, There are a few games that i would LOVE to have ssao/hbao enabled on (the last game i just tried was Miasmata and the SSAO worked but it was upside down) Its like having the PERFECT graphics is so close yet so far away. It drives me nuts! I want ambient occlusion in my brain!

Sorry if this is a noob question or if it insults the abilities of the guys that made re-shade.. but is there any way to add a feature to simply FLIP the upside-down depth buffer back again?

(also correct me if im wrong but when i see "depth buffer flipped" in the compatibility list that does just means the ambient occlusion is going to appear upside down right?) well thats at least what i think it means lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question about flipped depth buffers 1 year 2 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1385
Dwill0328 wrote:
(also correct me if im wrong but when i see "depth buffer flipped" in the compatibility list that does just means the ambient occlusion is going to appear upside down right?) well thats at least what i think it means lol.
That's correct.

Dwill0328 wrote:
Sorry if this is a noob question or if it insults the abilities of the guys that made re-shade.. but is there any way to add a feature to simply FLIP the upside-down depth buffer back again?
And yes, it's as simple as one line of shader code. In fact you can do that yourself: reshade.me/forum/suggestions/601-manual-...r-flip?start=12#8269.
Cheers, crosire =)

Question about flipped depth buffers 1 year 2 months ago #3

• Dwill0328
  • Thank you received: 3
Oh wow thank you! Exactly the kind of answer i was hoping for!

Question about flipped depth buffers 1 year 2 months ago #4

• klotim
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
it's as simple as one line of shader code. In fact you can do that yourself: reshade.me/forum/suggestions/601-manual-...r-flip?start=12#8269.

This should be added as an option in the common.cfg

Question about flipped depth buffers 1 year 2 months ago #5

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1385
klotim wrote:
This should be added as an option in the common.cfg
Agreed!
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim