Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade

• Aleeeeeex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Aleeeeeex Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade was created by Aleeeeeex
Would it be possible to port DOF from enbeffectprepass.fx to reshade? I'm having a really hard time getting the dof to work for first person games in ReShade. Seems like the DOF is more suited for third person games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade
Of course it is. 2 out of the 4 DOF shaders ME currently has are ported from ENB.

• Aleeeeeex
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Aleeeeeex Replied by Aleeeeeex on topic Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade
How hard would it be for a noob like me to port something over to reshade? Does it require a lot of skills or can you just like copy&paste some values from enbeffectpresspass.fx and paste them in the reshade files?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade
Do you know about HLSL or any other programming language or would you start from basically zero?

If you know about HLSL already, I think it should be no problem for you to get familiar with the ReShade language extensions while porting those complex shader.

However, if you know "only" about programming or other programming languages, I would suggest you start with a more simple shader to know how HSLS + ReShade works before you try porting a more complex implementation.

If you start from 0, I would suggest to read about HSLS concepts from the very beginning where also programming principles are explained. (I am sure you can find plenty using Google)
Starting at that point with a DoF shader might be a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, that is only my opinion :) What ever it is, you can get started one way or the other ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.