Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade

Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade 1 year 2 months ago #1

Would it be possible to port DOF from enbeffectprepass.fx to reshade? I'm having a really hard time getting the dof to work for first person games in ReShade. Seems like the DOF is more suited for third person games.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade 1 year 2 months ago #2

• Marty McFly
  • We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!
  • Thank you received: 719
Of course it is. 2 out of the 4 DOF shaders ME currently has are ported from ENB.

Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade 1 year 2 months ago #3

How hard would it be for a noob like me to port something over to reshade? Does it require a lot of skills or can you just like copy&paste some values from enbeffectpresspass.fx and paste them in the reshade files?

Porting DOF from ENB to ReShade 1 year 2 months ago #4

• Ganossa
  • 최정장군
  • Thank you received: 838
Do you know about HLSL or any other programming language or would you start from basically zero?

If you know about HLSL already, I think it should be no problem for you to get familiar with the ReShade language extensions while porting those complex shader.

However, if you know "only" about programming or other programming languages, I would suggest you start with a more simple shader to know how HSLS + ReShade works before you try porting a more complex implementation.

If you start from 0, I would suggest to read about HSLS concepts from the very beginning where also programming principles are explained. (I am sure you can find plenty using Google)
Starting at that point with a DoF shader might be a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, that is only my opinion :) What ever it is, you can get started one way or the other ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01