Ganossa's GemFX/ReShade Assistant/Framework Dev Blog

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #41 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
DaVinciCode(WIP)

A new algorithm that I am currently working on and which is inspired by the an-isotropic diffusion effect in photoshop:

Vanilla

HighQuality, LowCost Paint Shader

The high quality is especially noticeable with lower effect strength when comparing to other algorithms (including photoshop) which usually produce artifacts. This and its high performance makes it a very useful (and playable) effect and further allows it to be used as a sort of anti aliasing effect.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #42 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
With a little help of wordpress I created a simple developer blog which I will use as "further reading" material to the updates I post here. It will basically provide you with in depth explanations on how certain ideas work and how they can be or are approached by me, you or anyone else.

You can reach it @ www.gemfxdevblog.wordpress.com
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #43 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
Novel Lens Flare Algorithm(Conceptual)

As a foundation for future implementations I came up with a new algorithm for a very smart/dynamic and performant lens flare format. It involved quiet a bit of math though :silly: :woohoo: :blink:

Here you can have a first impression
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #44 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
Yet Another Novel Lens Flare Algorithm(Also Conceptual ;))

With this algorithm, I am trying to increase the responsiveness of generic lens effects.

Tested on GTA V
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #45 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
DeNoise/DeBand Filter Algorithm

I know there are already a few of these but I wanted to try and started to write one on my own ;)

Banded

DeBanded

DeNoise
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #46 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
Creating LUTs from Images(Conceptual)

Quiet a while ago I though about implementing such a shader (due to some discussion here in the forums). Now I had finally time to give it a first try.
In the following you can see the result of reading a LUT profile from a movie poster (shutter island) and applying it to far cry primal.
Please note that this is highly conceptual!

This should ultimately allow you to create LUT profiles from other images.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #47 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Lucifer's GemFX/Mediator/Framework Dev Blog
Histogram Shader

Following up a request, I implemented a histogram shader which you can use to perfection your presets and later to implement a few more advanced effects which needs such information.

- Example on Warframe -
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.