how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp?

• mcabel
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by mcabel how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp? was created by mcabel
how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp? a game I'm playing currently renders on a small window, low res which becomes very blurry when I go full screen. What would be recommended to make the image as sharp as possible without losing quality?

I tried hq4x but it did not work as expected(made the image blurrier). Anything else I can try?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Violins77
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Violins77 Replied by Violins77 on topic how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp?
I would be curious to know a solution as well, although I doubt it is possible. The blur comes from the fact that the resolution is not native. But by doing native resolution, you would probably have really small assets on screen.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp?
You can either use interpolation which will (depending on the algorithm) somewhat blur the image or do without and get it pixelated.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.

• JPulowski
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic how to make a 2d game zoomed but sharp?
You would need to use an algorithm that is similar to Lanczos or Jinc. But since ReShade currently does not have resampling support, it doesn't seem possible.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.