DOF with FC primal

• kinjx11
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by kinjx11 DOF with FC primal was created by kinjx11
is there any possible way to enable DOF with this game ?? tried a lot of tricks and nothing works

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic DOF with FC primal
No depth buffer access as far as I can tell so depth effects like AO or DOF will probably fail, trying to view the depth buffer just shows a blank white screen (Inverting it shows a pure black screen.) flipping it does nothing and logarithmic does nothing so I don't know what's up with the game.
(Far Cry 4 used logarithmic I believe but here it just won't work at all, going to try with the 2.0 binaries now that they are available and see if that solved it.)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic DOF with FC primal
It is also likely that it runs a stable connection to the internet while you play which would disable ReShades backbuffer capabilities. I also checked various setups with no luck.

Have you tried disable the UPlay or Steam Overlay, though you said it worked with FC 4
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ganossa.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic DOF with FC primal
Unlike Far Cry 4 Far Cry Primal has no multiplayer functionality but it could still try to send and receive statistics I suppose, not really sure how the game handles network traffic but that would of course explain this behavior.
(I'm not a fan of overlays so Uplay, Origin and Steam have theirs disabled - same with the cloud saving functionality. - though in UPlay's case they still haven't added a setting for toggling off the nag screen when starting a game with the overlay deactivated.)

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF with FC primal
You can always check by enabling ReShade's statistics overlay and see if the upload traffic value jumps around a lot or stays at zero.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic DOF with FC primal
I did not know that, network activity is at zero from what it looks like.

postimg.org/image/74wizxf1b/
postimg.org/image/la2c1qo2n/

(2.0.1 binaries.)

EDIT: There are different "formats" for the depth buffer no? In addition to techniques like logarithmic so maybe it's something like that.
(That or it's something on the "screen" like the visor on the power-armor in Fallout 4 or how to describe it, might be something like that too for various post-process effects or something.)

(EDIT: Depth buffer can be cleared as well no? IE some games only showing part of the first person view model and not the actual 3D environment or how to say.)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by JBeckman.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic DOF with FC primal

JBeckman wrote: I did not know that, network activity is at zero from what it looks like.

postimg.org/image/74wizxf1b/
postimg.org/image/la2c1qo2n/

(2.0.1 binaries.)

EDIT: There are different "formats" for the depth buffer no? In addition to techniques like logarithmic so maybe it's something like that.
(That or it's something on the "screen" like the visor on the power-armor in Fallout 4 or how to describe it, might be something like that too for various post-process effects or something.)

(EDIT: Depth buffer can be cleared as well no? IE some games only showing part of the first person view model and not the actual 3D environment or how to say.)

2.0 binaries dont seem to be detecting network traffic correctly which is fine with me saves me the trouble of disabling it later on so to the op try the new binaries

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.