Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

• Reshade This!
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Reshade This! Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0) was created by Reshade This!
How's it going everyone?

So, I'm finally trying out SweetFX and I need some assistance regarding the ReShade Assistant. I have the the game's profiles loaded and ready to go, but I'm not sure how to load presets from other users while using the application. I can see there's a "+" to add a new preset, but I don't see or know how I would go about loading already created presets. Can anyone here provide some advice on how to load already created presets with the ReShade Assistant?

Edit: OK, I think I'm getting the hang of all of this stuff, but I believe I got the files confused. The file I downloaded from the main page was just the ReShade, so I also downloaded the SweetFX 2.0 from the legacy downloads. I consolidated the two files and threw them into the game's directory containing the .exe. Afterwards, I manually went through the steps to install SweetFX for the game and encountered an error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\Binaries\Win64\SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h(67, 11): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'USE_SHARED'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\Binaries\Win64\SweetFX/Shaders/Main.h(72, 11): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'USE_SHARED'

As you can see I trying to include SweetFX for XCOM 2. If there is anyone here that can share any advice as to why or what I'm doing wrong, please feel free to comment below. Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Reshade This!. Reason: Update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cratzz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cratzz
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Cratzz Replied by Cratzz on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
I think my issue are the same, im trying to merge sweetfx with latest reshade. And i don't want to use the assistant but text, from a file.

• Evan20xx
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3 by Evan20xx Replied by Evan20xx on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
Hello and welcome to the forum.

For importing a previously created preset there is an option called Import on the Tools page within the ReShade Assistant. I have not tried it out myself personally but it seems pretty straight forward.

I have been trying to merge SweetFX 2.0 Preview 8 with the updated .dll's to no success and that same error has been hitting me as well along with another error that is now resolved you could say.

-The following error was fixed by turning off the greeting. See next log for where things get messy.-
solved by turning off greeting

Preprocessor errors

If I'm not mistaken the Main.h(x, 11) line where x = what effects are toggled on ex. vibrance, curves, etc. and the 11 is well I'm not really sure what that is.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Evan20xx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reshade This!

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Evan20xx wrote: If I'm not mistaken the Main.h(x, 11) line where x = what effects are toggled on ex. vibrance, curves, etc. and the 11 is well I'm not really sure what that is.

SweetFX is missing a "#undef USE_SHARED" before the "#define USE_SHARED ..." line there. It unfortunately worked with the older binaries due to a bug that has now been fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evan20xx, Reshade This!

• Reshade This!
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5 by Reshade This! Replied by Reshade This! on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Cratzz wrote: I think my issue are the same, im trying to merge sweetfx with latest reshade. And i don't want to use the assistant but text, from a file.

It seems the updated .dll files from the ReShade Assistant are linked to the application itself. This means whenever SweetFX is loaded onto the game's directory, the .dlls would look for the ReShade Assistant profiles and presets which caused the error posted above. For now I have reverted back to using the older .dlls provided in SweetFX 2.0.

I also discovered that the .dll created by the ReShade Setup had to be renamed to "d3d11" instead of "dxgi". That was one issue that caused some conflicts as well. That finally got it working for me.

For importing a previously created preset there is an option called Import on the Tools page within the ReShade Assistant. I have not tried it out myself personally but it seems pretty straight forward.

Yea, I played around with that option for a bit. Although, I'm not sure if I can import a .txt preset to a .cfg file as there are many .cfgs. All the config files in the preset folder for the ReShade Assistant are split by developers who created them. Not sure if importing a preset from txt would only overwrite what is contained within the .cfg file though. Still learning.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Reshade This!.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
You can update a profile to change the used binary (e.g. from dxgi -> d3d11).

The import tool (TransMod) will not overwrite anything but values. If you used SweetFX.cfg or SweetFX.txt before, you can simply select it as input and the CeeJay.cfg in a new preset as output. All SweetFX variables should also exist in the CeeJay.cfg. What you might need to do afterwards, is change the toggle key names, but that would be the same procedure for any shader.

• Reshade This!
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by Reshade This! Replied by Reshade This! on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Ganossa wrote: You can update a profile to change the used binary (e.g. from dxgi -> d3d11).

Yes, I noticed the binary can be change with the ReShade Assistant, but I was referring to the ReShade Setup that came with SweetFX. I was unable to change the binary with that file as it was locked on "Autodetect". Is the binary normally locked to that one setting or is there something that can be done which allows the user to choose?

Ganossa wrote: The import tool (TransMod) will not overwrite anything but values. If you used SweetFX.cfg or SweetFX.txt before, you can simply select it as input and the CeeJay.cfg in a new preset as output. All SweetFX variables should also exist in the CeeJay.cfg. What you might need to do afterwards, is change the toggle key names, but that would be the same procedure for any shader.

Ah, that's good to know. I was worried that transferring the settings from a .txt would cause issues with the .cfg files since they are different file types.

Thanks, Ganossa! I appreciate the advice.

• Cratzz
More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by Cratzz Replied by Cratzz on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
Hello, now i sort of understand how the new version works. Thx Ganossa for the tip on convertion. Got it to work, it says success in compiling, but im getting a ReShade.fx preprocessor varning: could not find application profile -reverting to default below. Any ideas?

• Keepo
More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by Keepo Replied by Keepo on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
I really don't understand how importing old preset files (*.txt) works! I can see that the new config files are split to several single .cfg files in the preset directory.
When i use the import tool i choose a .txt file and also backit up then i can choose a destination file. Why must i choose a file that already exists? Well, so i choose to i overwrite the old config file and afterwards there's no difference between the import and output file. Second thing i don't understand, how can i import a transformed file to the presets?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Cratzz wrote: Hello, now i sort of understand how the new version works. Thx Ganossa for the tip on convertion. Got it to work, it says success in compiling, but im getting a ReShade.fx preprocessor varning: could not find application profile -reverting to default below. Any ideas?

ReShade will now look for a profile in your central location where you dropped ReShade 2.0 and from which you added application profiles. If a profile is not found, it will automatically choose the default one.

Therefore, make sure you first added an application profile in the Assistant for the application/game in which you want to use ReShade.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 1 month ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Keepo wrote: I really don't understand how importing old preset files (*.txt) works! I can see that the new config files are split to several single .cfg files in the preset directory.
When i use the import tool i choose a .txt file and also backit up then i can choose a destination file. Why must i choose a file that already exists? Well, so i choose to i overwrite the old config file and afterwards there's no difference between the import and output file. Second thing i don't understand, how can i import a transformed file to the presets?

The import (transmod) tool reads values from the input file and tries to find matches in the output file. If a match is found, it replaces the original output value with the new input value. Therefore, its highly fault tolerant.

You need to first create a target/output preset and import values from your input file to one of the target/output file at a time. If you want to port SweetFX to ReShade 2.0 preset it is usually SweetFX_settings.txt (input) to CeeJay.cfg (output)

• Cratzz
More
8 years 1 month ago #12 by Cratzz Replied by Cratzz on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)

Ganossa wrote:

Cratzz wrote: Hello, now i sort of understand how the new version works. Thx Ganossa for the tip on convertion. Got it to work, it says success in compiling, but im getting a ReShade.fx preprocessor varning: could not find application profile -reverting to default below. Any ideas?

ReShade will now look for a profile in your central location where you dropped ReShade 2.0 and from which you added application profiles. If a profile is not found, it will automatically choose the default one.

Therefore, make sure you first added an application profile in the Assistant for the application/game in which you want to use ReShade.

Ok right, sinse i haven´t used the Assistant it´s only complaining :) ReShade is kind of like a added flavour ontop the game of choice, can´t see any game without it. Thx!

• Cratzz
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #13 by Cratzz Replied by Cratzz on topic Loading presets (SweetFX 2.0)
Hi again, have tested the new version fine in various games but encountered this in Path of Exile - "IDirect3DDevice9::Reset' failed with error code 0x8876086c!"

Here is log, would love some help. - dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5191989/ReShade32.log
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Cratzz.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.