Using a #define keydef in uniform key var

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by OtisInf Using a #define keydef in uniform key var was created by OtisInf
I defined in the cfg file:
#define DOF_MouseAFFocusPointToggleKey VK_PAUSE //[undef] //- <<<<<<< line 82

and used it in the shader fx: (inside the namespace def)
uniform bool PauseKeyDown < source = "key"; keycode = DOF_MouseAFFocusPointToggleKey; toggle=true; >;

(var name should of course change, but it's for testing ;)).

If I do this, I get:
C:\Games\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\ReShade/Presets/Default/Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg(82, 9): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'DOF_MouseAFFocusPointToggleKey'
C:\Games\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\ReShade/Presets/Default/Shaders_by_MartyMcFly.cfg(82, 9): preprocessor error: redefinition of 'DOF_MouseAFFocusPointToggleKey'

Which is kind of odd, as it's not defined anywhere else. Does the uniform inside the fx already define it somehow? That would be a shame as it then can't depend on a configured key but only a hardcoded one. (it works if I remove the #define and hard-code VK_PAUSE as the key in the uniform).

(for the rest, the small tweak I added with the mouse works great, so glad you added that mousepoint uniform source! much easier for taking screenshots now as you don't need to have the subject dead-center anymore ;))
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by OtisInf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Using a #define keydef in uniform key var
Add an "#undef DOF_MouseAFFocusPointToggleKey" to the .undef file. The cfg file is included in each of your shaders ("#include EFFECT_CONFIG(Otis)"), so without undefining the value (done via "#include EFFECT_CONFIG_UNDEF(Otis)") before reincluding it, the redefinition error will show up.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Using a #define keydef in uniform key var
Doh, totally forgot that. Thanks :) Solved it in a different way but for next time it's good to know ;)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.