Reflective Bumpmapping (RBM)

• GTAFan
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by GTAFan Reflective Bumpmapping (RBM) was created by GTAFan
So, Marty said to me that ReShade has RBM. I want to know:

- Where can i activate RBM;
- Does it causes lag? (Im using Marty McFly advanced DoF in a integrated GPU PC, my FPS dropped from 50/60 to 20/25);
- Does it look good?;

That's all. Thanks for helping me! :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reflective Bumpmapping (RBM)
Filter the shader list for "RBM" in the assistant and you'll find it.

• Elimina
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Reflective Bumpmapping (RBM)

GTAFan wrote: So, Marty said to me that ReShade has RBM. I want to know:

- Where can i activate RBM;
- Does it causes lag? (Im using Marty McFly advanced DoF in a integrated GPU PC, my FPS dropped from 50/60 to 20/25);
- Does it look good?;

That's all. Thanks for helping me! :cheer:

For me, it doesn't really cause a noticeable FPS drop, unless you raise the samples higher than 256. RBM looks good in games that have very little nature, since it makes no sense when RBM reflects on grass and trees. You might also need to tweak it a it to make it more subtle. Keep in mind, that black lines will appear on low samples, so I suggest raising the samples to 256 for much thinner black lines. (Also, Marty said that he will rewrite this shader at some point, so it will most likely change and improve

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.