A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1

• That_aint_working42
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by That_aint_working42 A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1 was created by That_aint_working42
How to bind toogling some shader to a key? For example, I remove the text "RFX ToogleKey" near "BloomToogleKey" and type "g" instead. Then when I launch game with that effect shader doesn't load, and I got error text in left screen corner. Am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1
Use keycodes or the "VK_" defines. The keycode for "g" is "0x47".

• That_aint_working42
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by That_aint_working42 Replied by That_aint_working42 on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1
How can I check out what keycode matches which key?
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by That_aint_working42.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1

That_aint_working42 wrote: How can I check out what keycode matches which key?

Check /ReShade/KeyCodes.h ;)

EDIT: In 1.1 it might be in /ReShade/Common/KeyCodes.h
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Ganossa.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1

• That_aint_working42
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #6 by That_aint_working42 Replied by That_aint_working42 on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1
All right, thanks for help guys.

• Golgotha
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Golgotha Replied by Golgotha on topic A question about ToogleKey in reshade 1.1
Quick tip on this that has saved me loads of time --> so much so that I've been able to do a lot more experimenting with shaders without the hassle of referring to that keycodes.h file all of the time.

There are2 sets of codes that correspond to all the keys on the keyboard. I don't know why everyone sticks to the VK..... series of codes, as they seem unnecessarily complicated when you compare it to the next keyboard diagram in the keycodes.h file which assigns a simple number to each of the keys arranged sequentially.

The proverbial lightening bolt struck me when I realized the num pad 0-9 codes were sequential from 96-105. I keep the default global reshade toggle at 96 for num pad 0 and can quickly assign hotkeys for 9 other shaders without ever looking at that keycodes.h

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.