Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to do the opposite of timeout?

How to do the opposite of timeout? 4 months 1 week ago #1

• mindu
While reading reshade reference I can't find a "timein" that does the opposite to "timeout", I mean, instead of auto-toggle a technique off, to turn it on after a specified time.

I know about "toggleTime" but is useless since it seems to use system real-time?, what would be helpful is to use the "Timer" as reference just like "timeout" does.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by mindu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to do the opposite of timeout? 4 months 3 hours ago #2

• mindu
nothing? so there is no way to auto-toggle on a technique after specified time?

How to do the opposite of timeout? 3 months 4 weeks ago #3

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1391
Actually "timeout" works both ways. If a technique is initially disabled, it will toggle it on after the timeout was reached (starting point is the last compile time).
technique MyTech < enabled = false; timeout = 5000; > { ... }
Cheers, crosire =)

How to do the opposite of timeout? 3 months 4 weeks ago #4

• mindu
I know, but the problem is if the user turn off a technique is because it needs to be off... I mean the question then is "how to turn on a technique after specified time when this technique is actually true"

The point of this is when techniques are activated start processing only when the timer have reached enough time to be at least finishing loading screens of the game (approximately, I know this is very rudimentary), and not process effects before (useless and waste of performance).
Also in case you wonder why I like Timer, once you are ingame you can edit/recompile effects since the timer is already high enough to be on, so you wont have to wait like at the boot of the game.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by mindu.