Adding ME to source games disables Sweetfx.

• NotAgOat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by NotAgOat Adding ME to source games disables Sweetfx. was created by NotAgOat
Reshade and SweetFX work perfectly in source games, however if MasterEffect is added, ME shaders will load but SFX stops.

Is there a solution to this?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by NotAgOat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GERgta
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic Adding ME to source games disables Sweetfx.
I once tried using SFX together with ME, which resulted in errors because they both use some variables that have indentical names... I don't think that they work together (don't quote me on that, tho), so you may have to use 1 shader only.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by GERgta.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Adding ME to source games disables Sweetfx.
ReShade loads exactly one fx file. "ReShade.fx" has priority over "Sweet.fx", which is why SweetFX isn't loaded once you put MasterEffect in. You need to manually combine them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• NotAgOat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by NotAgOat Replied by NotAgOat on topic Adding ME to source games disables Sweetfx.

crosire wrote: ReShade loads exactly one fx file. "ReShade.fx" has priority over "Sweet.fx", which is why SweetFX isn't loaded once you put MasterEffect in. You need to manually combine them.

For whatever reason they actually load together fine in openGL. I was using the two of them in RAGE.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.