Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! 1 year 7 months ago #1

Cody Darr (creator of minecraft seus shaders) has been playing around with Reshade's source code. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! We NEED him to contribute!!!!

Tweet: CLICK ME

It features HDR 16-bit color buffers.... WHY HAS THIS NEVER HAPPENED ??????
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by NoMansReshade.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! 1 year 7 months ago #2

Understand that this is not an edit of ReShade itself but shader code.
"reconstructed HDR via inverted tone mapping" well, we've been doing that for ages, 1/1-x is simplest way to amplify bright pixels and get HDR of some sort. For my preset in Skyrim SE I inverted the tonemapping and color operators as well (if possible, some code is not bijective).

What game does: HDR data -> tonemapper-> LDR data.
As he knows what exact tonemapper the game uses, he can do this:
LDR data -> inverse tone mapping function-> HDR data. Entirely shadercode. Almost all tone mapping functions can be inversed.

I just wonder why SonicEther didn't take notice of ReShade yet. I'd welcome the idea to have him on the team of contributors, he has quite some talent.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Marty McFly.

Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! 1 year 7 months ago #3

Brilliant. Please encourage him to supply a patch to crosire so everyone can benefit!

Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! 1 year 7 months ago #4

@Marty, COOL!!! So it IS possible to have HDR bloom with Reshade in a sense? And can the currently implemented bloom in the default shader pack use HDR input??

Cody Plays With Reshade Source!!!!!!!!!!! 1 year 7 months ago #5

Yes, it always has been. It's just hard to tweak because often the tonemapping parameters are not known and false guesses could lead to extreme results. Elite Dangerous is a good game for that because the space scenes are mostly dark with some small bright patches, every bloom will look good on it.
About the current bloom, idk. It's a very old SweetFX code and no one of us really bothered to write a good one that's release ready.