Master2g-3c Need For Speed 2016 Reshade preset

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by master2g Master2g-3c Need For Speed 2016 Reshade preset was created by master2g
Hello everyone

I had posted some screen shots in the screen shots thread of my NFS 2016 Preset and had a few requests to share it. Being a extremely picky Video and audio phile nut i found i was never 100% happy with this preset. A little adjustment there , another here and on and on lol. So i figured if i wait until i am 100% happy with it it could be the next ice age before i got around to sharing it. So with a brief intro here is my Master2g-3C preset. 3c for Clean, Clear and Crisp.

So having play NFS 2016 i found one needed to have TAA enable in order to stop the annoying "shimmering effect". Of course with TAA enabled it blurred the game horrible IMHO. So i decided to learn Reshade and create a preset to solve the few issues i had with the games graphics. I wanted a Clean more realistic lighting as i found the game seem to have a green,yellow and sepia like filter look in a lot of areas. So I Cleaned that up best i could to give it a more real world bright white to the overall lighting and some of the street lights and effects. Thus it doesn't seem dull and filtered as much. I looked at a few real world rainy city nights photos for reference to try and get the desired look.. As I had stated the blur was annoying so i sharpen the game as much as possible to really bring out the details. The blur was so bad i had to really push the sharping a lot. Final results gives the game a Crisp sharp look and shows off the great details under all that blur. Lastly some areas where so redish or to blueish, Apollo Heights for example was to blue tint to me. So i wanted to have it look more greyish weathered so i tweaked color in that area and many others to get a atmosphere with a more real time of day look. Thus IMHO it gives a more clear over cast TOD shaded look as well as tones the over saturation down a bit as needed per area. All and all it is my first Reshade preset attempt and really I only have a long background in video and audio calibration and a set of picky eyes that helped me along and a willingness to learn from some members here , thanks to them greatly. So it isn't perfect in my eyes but the game really moves all over the place with lighting effects and such so it was really hard to get every corner of the map / world so it was 100%. I have got a good 95 % set to where i like it. Some banding occurs in some small ares where the game tries to do light reflections off the sky. As well there are 3 smaller areas that tend to want to still go more saturated red in the street lighting effects. These are small nit picks and I had to leave it in order to accomplish the proper shades and effects every were else .So again 95 % good 5 % marginally ok. Anyways enough rambling i will move on to the install instructions. Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy the preset as i do think it gives the game a much better look. Thanks :)

Firstly have NFS 2016 installed and up to date.
Secondly have Reshade installed and up to date
Thirdly down load the zip file from here

www.mediafire.com/file/tjx1v91w2zas48y/Master2g3cReshade.zip

Then save to desktop for easy retrieval.
then unzip the zip file onto desktop.
then open the Master2g3c folder.
then copy ALL files in that folder into your MAIN Need for Speed game folder.

Start up the game and you should see a black bar pop up at the top of the screen with lettering to the left of the screen . If you does its good to go. Then use "scroll lock" key to enable and disable the effect and I used the tilde key to bring up the Reshade menu ( the key left of the one and above the tab key in case you dont know what it is) . Remember you can change the keys to your liking and as well the preset can be tweaked to your own liking from my settings too. That is the great thing about Reshade , it is is not set in stone. If you share it please dont take credit for my work. Just share it using my "cheesy" Master2g3C" name and giving me credit is all i ask. Thanks and enjoy everyone. Polite , positive or constructive feed back is welcomed as well. Lastly a massive thanks to Crosire for giving us Reshade as none of this would have been possible with out it . Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by master2g. Reason: new link and version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed Reshade preset
A few more things, added some comparison shots. Top is before and bottom is after then before then after as it goes down the list .

For those who may want to know you can expect a 7 to 9 fps hit with this preset at most.

Also i made this preset on my Dell U3014 and i have it calibrated to a cooler 7000 kelvin light. I would humbly recommend setting your monitor
up as good as possible in its menu settings to get the most out of this preset. It is certainly not a must but hey if you are up to it then it certainly wouldn't hurt :)

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by master2g.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoPineapples68

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #3 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed Reshade preset
Well I was playing NFS 2016 this evening and was noticing a bit of saturation brightness in areas that i wasn't liking now . So I wondered why and found i had left HDR in the preset. It isn't a huge change to the game so if you are happy with the preset then great but if not just uncheck it or delete it from the reshade-shader folder.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #4 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed Reshade preset
So has any one given it a go ? If so how did the install go for you ?

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #5 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed 2016 Reshade preset
Just replace old file with a new file every one. I did some more tweaking to the preset . Found blues were faded in some areas so re-did a few settings to improve the preset.
If by chance you used the old one just replace the old files with these new ones. Thanks. :)

www.mediafire.com/file/ccsmzvt34yacdqc/M...L_TWEAKS_Feb_2017.7z
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by master2g.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuotoski

• zuotoski
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #6 by zuotoski Replied by zuotoski on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed 2016 Reshade preset
I'm gonna try it today and let you know how it went. By the screenshots that you posted, your presents are brilliant.
As soon as I finish testing it, I'll post the results here.

Cheers :)
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by zuotoski.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Master2g-3c Need For Speed 2016 Reshade preset
Cool , thanks my friend. Definitely keep me posted. It has a few flaws still in my eyes that I wish I could get rid of but I'm always striving for 200% anyways so it may not be as bad as I think ☺

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.