Depth of field / increase InfiniteFocus value > 1

• GrijzePilion
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by GrijzePilion Depth of field / increase InfiniteFocus value > 1 was created by GrijzePilion
Hi,

So I'm having a problem where the maximum value for the Infinite Focus is 1.00. I'm assuming this is an arbitrary value. I need it to be higher. I primarily use ReShade for The Sims 3, I'll need to get almost impossibly close to things before the DOF does anything.
Assuming that the value is distance in meters, which probably isn't the case, I'd need to be at least 5 for it to do what I want, which is to apply DOF not just on very close, ground-level scenes, but also in zoomed-out, city/landscape shots.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Depth of field / increase InfiniteFocus value > 1
Then you don't know what this value actually does. 1.0 is maximum per definition as then the entire depth range is used. Depth is 0.0 at camera and 1.0 at sky distance for infinitefocus 1.0, as it should be without this setting. A setting of infinitefocus 0.5 makes the depth reach 1.0 (maximum) at half the distance. A setting of 1.0 basically disables this feature.
I suggest you lower your far blur curve, then the blur builds up more quickly.

• GrijzePilion
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #3 by GrijzePilion Replied by GrijzePilion on topic Depth of field / increase InfiniteFocus value > 1
I just found out that playing around with the DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE seems to help as well. It still confuses me, but at least I have that solution now. And I'll look into yours too.

The downside of both is, if I'm not mistaken, that I'll have to manually adjust it depending on what height, zoom and distance I'm taking my screenshot from. But that's not a huge problem.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by GrijzePilion.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.