Can you use new shaders on old reshade/sweetFX

• JizargoLikesKitten
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by JizargoLikesKitten Can you use new shaders on old reshade/sweetFX was created by JizargoLikesKitten
I have a preset already made, and the reshade versin it's using automatically applies everything there is no GUI you have to navigate through to enable your preset. (this is a big issue for me, I want my preset turned out by default without someone manually enabling it aside from putting it in their game folder)

There are new shaders I really like, specifically Magic Bloom. Now for some reason for my old preset the shaders are located in SweetFX folder, and they're .JR extensions. The new reshade shaders are .FX extensions and located in a Reshade folder.

I'm wondering, would it be possible for me to use Magic Bloom. Could I just place the shader in my sweetfx shaders folder, and rename it to .JR then call it in the SweetFX settings file like this

#define USE_MAGIC_BLOOM 1 //Magic bloom

If not, is there anyway I can use the new reshade and have the GUI turned off with the Preset automatically applied?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Can you use new shaders on old reshade/sweetFX
Ganossa's Bloom has enough parameters to make it look like other "bloomy" effects like Magic Bloom and Ambient Light.

And not to burst your bubble but you misspelled J'zargo
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Can you use new shaders on old reshade/sweetFX

JizargoLikesKitten wrote: If not, is there anyway I can use the new reshade and have the GUI turned off with the Preset automatically applied?

First: Why?
Second: To a certain degree. Provide a ReShade.ini with the preset selected.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Can you use new shaders on old reshade/sweetFX
If you're really determined, you can still edit the preset .ini file manually with the new ReShade to avoid seeing the GUI. You can launch the game once and suffer through the absolute excruciating torture of opening the UI to turn every shader on and off once to generate the entries in the preset ini. From there you can edit the .ini file with emacs, notepad++ or whatever you want without the game even being open. If you back up the .ini before making edits, you can save it as a 'master' so you don't have to open the GUI that ate your first-born in any future games.

But only gods know why you'd want to do that. I've never heard of people freaking out over the ENB ui, so not sure why it's a problem here. Doesn't it make it easier to find a shader's 'sweet-spot' when you can see the changes in real-time? I used to have to take a bunch of screencaps and compare them to see what more subtle settings did.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.