Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NVIDIA Color Patch

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #1

This is what I think the most advanced preset for ReShade and the most professional use of the Framework

AA:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Color Patch:

Tested on most known games and literally works on any game.

If you don't like this topic delete it lol, I just need help converting this to ReShade 3.0+ and need someone to check the MXAO set for GTA V, it shows too little change in game.
I am also working on version 2.0 which will include something I call Space HDR (yes another more complex color patch preset).

Download
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur
The administrator has disabled public write access.

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #2

GTAV
Colors:

Ambient lighting and Adaptation:
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #3

SkyrimSE (Vanilla)
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #4

Most shaders have equivalent functionality in ReShade 3 as in older versions, so you just need to re-enter the values.

Also, since that seems to just be some saturation and value curve tweaks you could probably reduce the shaders used to a couple SweetFX shaders or a single LUT texture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abdelrahman Esam

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #5

FierySwordswoman wrote:
Most shaders have equivalent functionality in ReShade 3 as in older versions, so you just need to re-enter the values.

Also, since that seems to just be some saturation and value curve tweaks you could probably reduce the shaders used to a couple SweetFX shaders or a single LUT texture.

Yea most shaders, but there are some shaders not ported to 3.0+ yet

And no, download and test it, it's not just some saturation at all and it can't be reduced to some SweetFX or a LUT texture because it fixes the indirect/ambient lighting and patchs many things. Shaders are connected like in a specific order, if a shader is disabled, it would look terrible

Also there's a performance preset which is simple colors patch only, if anyone wants it.
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Abdelrahman Esam.

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #6

What shaders that aren't ported are you specifically talking about?

About LUT, I've inspected your preset and - assuming I didn't do a mistake - these are the used shaders by order:

-MXAO
-GradientFX
-Deband
-HSV
-Denoise
-Vibrance
-Color Matrix
-Film Grain
-Dither
-Ambient Light
-Tuning Palette
-Luma Sharpen
-SMAA
-Chromatic Aberration
-LUT
-Color Mood

Only MXAO, Deband, Denoise, Film Grain, Dither Ambient Light, Luma Sharpen, SMAA, CA can't be "lutified". You're using a lot of contradicting effects there like some that add noise and then remove it again. If you restructured your preset, you can easily wittle down that list to half the amount of shaders. With newest MXAO, Lightroom (given that I'll ever release that), Ambient Light, Sharpen, SMAA you'll be able to recreate your preset entirely.

And before you say that every shader here interlocks with the rest - you have a lot of color filters here. And shaders that add and remove noise, defeating each other and creating artifacts. You use gradient FX with a single color here, killing the ranges of your image and fighting this with deband again. If you go easy on your colors, you can get a lot better image quality. Less is more. The most complex presets are not those with the most effects but with the least.
Adobe Lightroom is state of the art for professional photographers. The amount of tweakable things of the Framework is probably 50 times more but nonetheless, it's enough for them. Beginners crack photoshop because they "need" it, professionals can use Gimp if needed because it has all they require.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Marty McFly.

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 2 weeks ago #7

True and I didn't say anything other than that, you know I can't get that clean unlike you sir, and that's why it's spacey and complex :)
Thank you. I have noticed the contradicting shaders since the first release on gta5 and added a performance preset but still got crazier and released Shader Volume 2 but that's all old.
Also that's why am waiting for your Lightroom shader, anyway you may like v2.0 I really do much better every time.

I don't need WLHM15 shaders but their Technicolor was really good, and GradientFX by IDDQD, I can't find them for 3.0
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 1 week ago #8

Abdelrahman Esam wrote:
And no, download and test it, it's not just some saturation at all and it can't be reduced to some SweetFX or a LUT texture because it fixes the indirect/ambient lighting and patchs many things.
     I was referring to the fact that you use a lot of color shaders in an already overly-complicated list. Any color-specific shaders in ReShade can be outperformed by a single good LUT texture if you know how to make one, which I've written a tutorial for here:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide
-in case of this being some type of foreshadowing:
Marty McFly wrote:
Lightroom (given that I'll ever release that)

Criticism:
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by FierySwordswoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WLHM15

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 1 week ago #9

• WLHM15
  • Everything started from the end
Abdelrahman Esam wrote:
I don't need WLHM15 shaders but their Technicolor was really good
Ah, yes.. the technicolor from my old shader pack, i'll port it to 3.0 after finishing my document.

NVIDIA Color Patch 1 year 1 week ago #10

@FierySwordswoman Thank you, "NVIDIA" refers to the main project "NVIDIA ENB", this is just an extra project. If there per-game changes, it's only for the MXAO, the CA and similar effects were disabled in the performance preset.
Brutal Modern Modder
YouTube
Imgur
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Abdelrahman Esam.

NVIDIA Color Patch 11 months 3 weeks ago #11

So... why is NVIDIA in the preset name then?

NVIDIA Color Patch 11 months 3 weeks ago #12

TreyM wrote:
So... why is NVIDIA in the preset name then?
A team of scientists conducted a scientific study on science things and got some science-y results that determined the most optimal name for a ReShade/ENB preset would be as so.

In all seriousness, he really shouldn't have NVIDIA in the name since it doesn't use cuda or anything. Might discourage users on the red team.
I checked his "main project" on the skyrim se nexus. All it really is is a normal ENB with ReShade 2 doing the color grading for some weird reason. It'd be much better to use the Modular Shader Library with Marty's Lightroom for ENB. Also he inexplicably includes meshes and textures for a lot of objects in the main download, which will probably conflict with most people's installs.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by FierySwordswoman.