NVIDIA Color Patch

  • Posts: 24
2 years 11 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Abdelrahman Esam
Sorry I was 16? Something is coming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 24
2 years 11 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Abdelrahman Esam
-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 24
2 years 11 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Abdelrahman Esam
-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 316
2 years 11 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman
Most shaders have equivalent functionality in ReShade 3 as in older versions, so you just need to re-enter the values.

Also, since that seems to just be some saturation and value curve tweaks you could probably reduce the shaders used to a couple SweetFX shaders or a single LUT texture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abdelrahman Esam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 24
2 years 11 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Abdelrahman Esam
-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 1221
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #6 by Marty McFly
What shaders that aren't ported are you specifically talking about?

About LUT, I've inspected your preset and - assuming I didn't do a mistake - these are the used shaders by order:

-MXAO
-GradientFX
-Deband
-HSV
-Denoise
-Vibrance
-Color Matrix
-Film Grain
-Dither
-Ambient Light
-Tuning Palette
-Luma Sharpen
-SMAA
-Chromatic Aberration
-LUT
-Color Mood

Only MXAO, Deband, Denoise, Film Grain, Dither Ambient Light, Luma Sharpen, SMAA, CA can't be "lutified". You're using a lot of contradicting effects there like some that add noise and then remove it again. If you restructured your preset, you can easily wittle down that list to half the amount of shaders. With newest MXAO, Lightroom (given that I'll ever release that), Ambient Light, Sharpen, SMAA you'll be able to recreate your preset entirely.

And before you say that every shader here interlocks with the rest - you have a lot of color filters here. And shaders that add and remove noise, defeating each other and creating artifacts. You use gradient FX with a single color here, killing the ranges of your image and fighting this with deband again. If you go easy on your colors, you can get a lot better image quality. Less is more. The most complex presets are not those with the most effects but with the least.
Adobe Lightroom is state of the art for professional photographers. The amount of tweakable things of the Framework is probably 50 times more but nonetheless, it's enough for them. Beginners crack photoshop because they "need" it, professionals can use Gimp if needed because it has all they require.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abdelrahman Esam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 24
2 years 10 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Abdelrahman Esam
-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 316
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #8 by FierySwordswoman

Abdelrahman Esam wrote: And no, download and test it, it's not just some saturation at all and it can't be reduced to some SweetFX or a LUT texture because it fixes the indirect/ambient lighting and patchs many things.

     I was referring to the fact that you use a lot of color shaders in an already overly-complicated list. Any color-specific shaders in ReShade can be outperformed by a single good LUT texture if you know how to make one, which I've written a tutorial for here:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide
-in case of this being some type of foreshadowing:

Marty McFly wrote: Lightroom (given that I'll ever release that)



Criticism:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: WLHM15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 42
2 years 10 months ago #9 by WLHM15

Abdelrahman Esam wrote: I don't need WLHM15 shaders but their Technicolor was really good

Ah, yes.. the technicolor from my old shader pack, i'll port it to 3.0 after finishing my document.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abdelrahman Esam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 24
2 years 10 months ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Abdelrahman Esam
-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 137
2 years 10 months ago #11 by TreyM
So... why is NVIDIA in the preset name then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 316
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #12 by FierySwordswoman

TreyM wrote: So... why is NVIDIA in the preset name then?

A team of scientists conducted a scientific study on science things and got some science-y results that determined the most optimal name for a ReShade/ENB preset would be as so.

In all seriousness, he really shouldn't have NVIDIA in the name since it doesn't use cuda or anything. Might discourage users on the red team.
I checked his "main project" on the skyrim se nexus. All it really is is a normal ENB with ReShade 2 doing the color grading for some weird reason. It'd be much better to use the Modular Shader Library with Marty's Lightroom for ENB. Also he inexplicably includes meshes and textures for a lot of objects in the main download, which will probably conflict with most people's installs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.