what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by ZergShadow what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia was created by ZergShadow
what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia ontrol panel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kaicooper
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
there's many shaders..u can try any of these:
Tonemap
filmicpass
etc

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
liftgammagain tonemap works like brigtness but curves works not like contrast in nvidia control pannel.who know contras good shader?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ZergShadow.

• TreyM
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
The contrast in the NVidia control panel is likely just a simple curve in a sine shape.

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

TreyM wrote: The contrast in the NVidia control panel is likely just a simple curve in a sine shape.

shader curves just lower brightness in playerunknownbattleground

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
You do realize the curve has >settings< that you need to modify in order for it to go into the shape you want it to be... There is no "tick-the-checkbox-and-you're-done" effect. Curves >is< the effect that would help to achieve the goal because it does exactly what you want >if< you configure it correctly. And no, effects do >not< behave differently in different games, so that's no excuse.

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #7 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

crosire wrote: You do realize the curve has >settings< that you need to modify in order for it to go into the shape you want it to be... There is no "tick-the-checkbox-and-you're-done" effect. Curves >is< the effect that would help to achieve the goal because it does exactly what you want >if< you configure it correctly. And no, effects do >not< behave differently in different games, so that's no excuse.

itried different filters and different values and its just adjust brightness with some color difference. contrast in nvidia panel do another thing. ineed that black area become more black and bright areare become more bright,

• Martigen
More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

ZergShadow wrote:

crosire wrote: You do realize the curve has >settings< that you need to modify in order for it to go into the shape you want it to be... There is no "tick-the-checkbox-and-you're-done" effect. Curves >is< the effect that would help to achieve the goal because it does exactly what you want >if< you configure it correctly. And no, effects do >not< behave differently in different games, so that's no excuse.

itried different filters and different values and its just adjust brightness with some color difference. contrast in nvidia panel do another thing. ineed that black area become more black and bright areare become more bright,

Use the Levels shader.

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

Martigen wrote:

ZergShadow wrote:

Use the Levels shader.

same only brightness

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

crosire wrote: *Helpful info about curves

Martigen wrote: Use the Levels shader.

ZergShadow wrote: same only brightness

I'm starting to think you're either a troll or don't know what contrast is in the first place.

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #11 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

FierySwordswoman wrote:

I'm starting to think you're either a troll or don't know what contrast is in the first place.

i need the same thing as in nvidia control panel contrast

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #12 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

• Ioxa
More
6 years 8 months ago #13 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

ZergShadow wrote:

FierySwordswoman wrote:

i need the same thing as in nvidia control panel contrast

I think contrast adjusts black levels...
Use the levels shader as Martigen suggested.
Set the WhitePoint to 255. You can set it lower but it will make the image really bright.
Set the BlackPoint to a negative value. Try something like -20 just to get an idea of what the shader is doing.
This works to brighten the image in PUBG, I just tested it.
Now please put this thread out of its misery.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #14 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
You don't really have to crush your black/white range to increase the contrast.
Contrast is really just the difference between the highlights and shadows of an image, so you can increase the values *closer to* black and *closer to* white, but not to the point of clipping.

• Ioxa
More
6 years 8 months ago #15 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
I was thinking of the contrast setting on a TV, but I think I had it backwards, contrast adjust whites and brightness adjusts blacks.
Maybe the contrast setting in the Nvidia control panel does something different.
I also thought he wanted to make the entire image brighter but reading back through the posts it seems like he was complaining about the image only getting brighter.

On a side note to OP, I see you had another post asking about running two versions of clarity.fx. There is a shader posted here called clarity2, I intend on eventually replacing clarity.fx with this new version, but for now I made sure that the two could run at the same time with no issues. The settings may work a little different but you should be able to get the same results with it.

• ZergShadow
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #16 by ZergShadow Replied by ZergShadow on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

FierySwordswoman wrote: You don't really have to crush your black/white range to increase the contrast.
Contrast is really just the difference between the highlights and shadows of an image, so you can increase the values *closer to* black and *closer to* white, but not to the point of clipping.

levels do nothing with brigtest and blackest points....its just cut off them......

Its so sad....I downloaded photoshop and spent a lot of time to adjust this lut but it works not like nvidia control panel(

• Insomnia
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #17 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia
Use this shader:
////-----------//
///***CEOG***//
//-----------////

//Preprocessor
#define ceog_min 0.00 // [0.00:1.00] //-min value
#define ceog_max 1.00 // [0.00:1.00] //-max value

uniform float ceog_ctr <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -100.0; ui_max = 100.0;
	ui_step = 0.01;
	ui_tooltip = "Contrast";
	ui_label = "Contrast";
> = 0.0;
uniform float ceog_e <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -20.0; ui_max = 20.0;
	ui_step = 0.01;
	ui_tooltip = "Exposure";
	ui_label = "Exposure";
> = 0.0;
uniform float ceog_o <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -1.0; ui_max = 1.0;
	ui_step = 0.005;
	ui_tooltip = "Offset";
	ui_label = "Offset";
> = 0.00;
uniform float ceog_g <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 10.0;
	ui_step = 0.01;
	ui_tooltip = "Gamma";
	ui_label = "Gamma";
> = 1.0;
uniform float Saturation <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -1.0; ui_max = 1.0;
	ui_tooltip = "Adjust saturation";
> = 0.0;

#include "ReShade.fxh"

float3 CEOGPass(float4 position : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TexCoord) : SV_Target
{
	float3 color = tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord).rgb;

float mn=min(color.r, min(color.g, color.b));
	float mx=max(color.r, max(color.g, color.b));

if(mn >= ceog_min && mx <= ceog_max)
	{
		float ctr=ceog_ctr;
		float3 color_tmp=color.rgb;

ctr=(ctr < 0.0) ? max(ctr/100.0, -100.0) : min(ctr, 100.0);
		color.rgb=(color.rgb-0.5)*max(ctr+1.0, 0.0)+0.5;

color.rgb=pow(saturate(color.rgb*pow(2, ceog_e)+ceog_o), 1/ceog_g);

float3 middlegray = dot(color, (1.0 / 3.0));
		float3 diffcolor = color - middlegray;
		color = (color + diffcolor * Saturation) / (1 + (diffcolor * Saturation)); // Saturation

if(ceog_min > 0 && ceog_max < 1)
		{
			float dlt=(ceog_max-ceog_min)*0.25;
			if(mn <= (ceog_min+dlt)) color.rgb=lerp(color_tmp, color.rgb, (mn-ceog_min)/dlt);
			else if(mx >= (ceog_max-dlt)) color.rgb=lerp(color_tmp, color.rgb, (ceog_max-mx)/dlt);
		}
	}

return color;
}

technique CEOG
{
	pass
	{
		VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
		PixelShader = CEOGPass;
	}
}

It has contrast, exposure, gamma, offset, and a saturation effect I stole from ReShade's original Tonemap shader.
The original shader is made by 2B3.
Copy the code text and paste it in to an empty text file, then save it as 2B3_CEOG.fx and place it in your reshade-shaders\Shaders folder.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Insomnia.

• TreyM
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #18 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic what shader can just rise brigtness? like nvidia

ZergShadow wrote:

TreyM wrote: The contrast in the NVidia control panel is likely just a simple curve in a sine shape.

shader curves just lower brightness in playerunknownbattleground

No it doesn't bc I've used it on that game myself. A perfect sine curve will increase contrast while leaving the overall midrange brightness affected the least.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by TreyM.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.