Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #1

Sorry if this is in the wrong section :/
Anyway I've found an effect file that has quite a few effects already in it which seem to work wonderfully. However I'm trying to get the raymarch AO to work correctly. It shows up in the game and deos a great job but the only problem is there are two problems, firstly tehre's 'dirty' look radially around the screen and I'm not sure which setting can remove this and secondly there's a small horizontal gap at the bottom of the screen where the effect is not applied :S
I also have an additional problem with Chromatic Aberration in that when I enable it, it makes teh image larger so it is not correctly on the screen.
I'd appreciate any help with this :)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lazmarr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #2

• brussell
  • Thank you received: 113
First off, what kind of effect file do you use? I assume it's Martys Mastereffect. Yet there are different versions with different settings.

Ps. This thread should be moved to the Mastereffect section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #3

brussell wrote:
First off, what kind of effect file do you use? I assume it's Martys Mastereffect. Yet there are different versions with different settings.
Ehmm I'm using a mastereffect reborn 1.0.341 file.... at least i think it's what it is since it says that in the file itself :S
It also says continuation from 1.6.1 too
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lazmarr.

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #4

• brussell
  • Thank you received: 113
Regarding CA: There are four parameters:
//CHROMATICABBERATION
#define ChromaticAmount                0.009   //[0.005 to 0.03] Amount of color shifting
#define LensSize                               0.55    //[0.5 to 1.0] some lens zoom to hide bugged edges due to texcoord modification
#define LensDistortion                      0.05    //[-0.3 to 0.3] distortion of image, fish eye effect
#define LensDistortionCubic              0.05    //[-0.3 to 0.3] distortion of image, fish eye effect, cube based

Try to increase LensSize starting with 0.5 until the zoom is not visible anymore.
The higher ChromaticAmount the higher LensSize have to be raised to achieve this. With negative values of ChromaticAmount one have to lower LensSize accordingly (contrary to the commentary, you can go below 0.5).
If you don't like the fisheye effect, set LensDistortion and LensDistortionCubic to zero.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by brussell.

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #5

• Marty McFly
  • We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!
  • Thank you received: 719
AO border on the bottom of the screen is due to the algorithm not being able to shoot rays below the screen border. That effect happens on all 4 borders but is most visible on the bottom.
The dirtiness of this effect is because of the bad blurring I used. Update to 1.1.111 to have a way better blur.

CA Screen Resize and Editing Raymarch AO 1 year 8 months ago #6

brussell wrote:
Try to increase LensSize starting with 0.5 until the zoom is not visible anymore.
The higher ChromaticAmount the higher LensSize have to be raised to achieve this. With negative values of ChromaticAmount one have to lower LensSize accordingly (contrary to the commentary, you can go below 0.5).
If you don't like the fisheye effect, set LensDistortion and LensDistortionCubic to zero.
Yeah that seems to have fixed it, was the zoom portion, I tried going below 0.5 but it just ended up as a black screen although 0.5 did remove teh zoom altogether :)
Marty McFly wrote:
AO border on the bottom of the screen is due to the algorithm not being able to shoot rays below the screen border. That effect happens on all 4 borders but is most visible on the bottom.
The dirtiness of this effect is because of the bad blurring I used. Update to 1.1.111 to have a way better blur.
Ahh glad it's a part of the AO :P
I do have an SSAO option in this preset but I can't seem to get it to work in my game, have you got any ideas?