Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adding saturation to Ambient Light

Adding saturation to Ambient Light 7 months 1 week ago #1

• MoonMan123
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I have been playing around with reshade on a couple of different games for a few weeks now and i really like the ambient light shader for its realistic lighting effect but at the same time i also enjoy the saturation feature on the Bloom shader in the reshade repo. So i was wondering if there is any way to add a saturation setting simular to the saturation setting in the Bloom shader into the ambient light shader and have the best of both worlds.

Thanks in advance

-MoonMan
(PS: English is not my mother language so if there is anythings i need to clarify just let me know :))
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding saturation to Ambient Light 7 months 1 week ago #2

I know it's not exactly a "fix", but you can set up Bloom with a low threshold and high blur amount to basically re-create Ambient Light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, MoonMan123

Adding saturation to Ambient Light 7 months 6 days ago #3

• MoonMan123
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for answering my question. I've played around with bloom before but couldnt get it to look like the ambientlight shader. I guess i was missing adding a high blur the the bloom (although i dont remember seeing i blur option in either BloomAndLenseFlare or magicbloom (Maybe editing the .fx file?)).
Also what (in your opinion) is the best mixmode in the BloomAndLenseFlare shader (LinearAdd, ScreenAdd, Lighten or ScreenLightenOpacity)?