Why does sharpen sometimes blur the image?

• rise_of_chaos
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by rise_of_chaos Why does sharpen sometimes blur the image? was created by rise_of_chaos
Hi I am seeing in several games when I apply any of the effects that usually sharpen it is instead making the image blurrier. I always have Antialiasing completely off when possible and anisotropic filtering at max in all my games so I am not sure if that is having any effect. Thanks for any insight and sorry if this is a dumb question as I am new to reshade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qsimil
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic Why does sharpen sometimes blur the image?
In which game it happens for example?

• rise_of_chaos
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by rise_of_chaos Replied by rise_of_chaos on topic Why does sharpen sometimes blur the image?
Doesnt seem limited to one engine or DX9, so far I have seen this happen in around 5-6 of maybe 20 games I have applied reshade to. Borderlands 2, Painkiller, Marvel Heroes. each of these I was trying to apply a drawn/cartoon/sketch looking affect w/ multiple sharpen effects along with some others but instead each one made the image blurrier. Other games these effects work as intended. It should be known that in all my games I keep AA off and anisotropic filtering maxed so not sure if in these games they are already sharpened to the maximum, but it seems like no because in other titles with the same engine I am getting the correct effect (i.e. increased sharpening)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.