Reshade preset

• AndreyRGW
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by AndreyRGW Reshade preset was created by AndreyRGW
Somebody knows ultra realistic prest for reshade 3.1.0?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade preset
TL;DR:
That request is impossible.

Reshade use varies heavily on a per-game basis. To maximize realism, you need a separate LUT for each game along with other extra shaders that are also configured to be game specific (I usually use Lumasharpen. Sometimes also bloom if the game's pretty flat.). This is because each game has it's own color grading, lighting, art direction, etc. that you have to compensate for when designing a preset.
So, make a folder to store all your games' info and make/find a good preset for each game individually. You'd be surprised what a simple well-made LUT can do

• Suiheisen
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3 by Suiheisen Replied by Suiheisen on topic Reshade preset
i tried many LUT's and if you want strong color then use LUT's but in my opinion no LUT makes the game more realistic... for more realistic i use some filmic shader, luma sharpen and some other shaders that change the lighting becuase a realistic lighting makes every game more realistic
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Suiheisen.

• Chavolatra
More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Reshade preset

FierySwordswoman wrote: TL;DR:
That request is impossible.

Reshade use varies heavily on a per-game basis. To maximize realism, you need a separate LUT for each game along with other extra shaders that are also configured to be game specific (I usually use Lumasharpen. Sometimes also bloom if the game's pretty flat.). This is because each game has it's own color grading, lighting, art direction, etc. that you have to compensate for when designing a preset.
So, make a folder to store all your games' info and make/find a good preset for each game individually. You'd be surprised what a simple well-made LUT can do

LUT´s is more better than colourfulness, vibrance and LiftGammaGain combineds ???

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #5 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade preset

Chavolatra wrote: LUT´s is more better than colourfulness, vibrance and LiftGammaGain combineds ???

Suiheisen wrote: i tried many LUT's and if you want strong color then use LUT's but in my opinion no LUT makes the game more realistic... for more realistic i use some filmic shader, luma sharpen and some other shaders that change the lighting becuase a realistic lighting makes every game more realistic

I think you guys don't understand how luts work.

A LUT simply holds color calibration information. What you chose to use the LUT for is entirely up to you.
It can hold information equivalent to Lift Gamma Gain, Vibrance, etc. all at once, or something completely different. It's really only limited to your knowledge of something like GIMP or Photoshop and understanding of color.

For example, here's a LUT I made in GIMP for NieR Automata:
It's main purpose is to undo the tinted color grading of the base game.

Separated images:
Warning: Spoiler!

Further reading:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/3179-...correction-the-guide
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Suiheisen
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #6 by Suiheisen Replied by Suiheisen on topic Reshade preset
@FierySwordswoman

Unfortunately that does not convince me. Or i realy dont understand how LUT's work. I think LUT is subjective because everybody sees colors differently.
"What is more realistic? a brown stone or a white stone?" - so both are correct but it's your opinion what you think is more realistic.

I think It is more important to make every color more realistic through better light.

And sorry but a fantasy game is no good choice to explain it if you want more realism.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Suiheisen.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade preset

Suiheisen wrote: Unfortunately that does not convince me. Or i realy dont understand how LUT's work. I think LUT is subjective.

Exactly. There is no "best looking game", only "best looking games". It's subjective. *I* removed the brownish highlights and voilet shadows from the game in GIMP. You could make everything purple for all I care. I explained how you can put any amount of color grading you desire into a LUT and gave a link showing how. You must've skipped all the text in my post and went straight to the image.

Suiheisen wrote: I think It is more important to make every color more realistic through better light.

wat

Suiheisen wrote: And sorry but a fantasy game is no good choice to explain it if you want more realism.

I didn't feel like reinstalling Battlefield and making a LUT for it just for demonstration. I had those two pics just lying around.
It's also more intended to show off what a LUT can do, not what ultra-realism looks like.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 4 months ago #8 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Reshade preset

This is a movie LUT that's typical for a Hollywood movie.
I think LUTs are great as a basic method for altering the color tone in a game.

• Chavolatra
More
6 years 4 months ago #9 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Reshade preset
can apply Colourfulness , Vibrance and Lift Gamma Gain with Lut textures ??

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade preset

Chavolatra wrote: can apply Colourfulness , Vibrance and Lift Gamma Gain with Lut textures ??

Yeah. Someone on my thread made a shader to draw a LUT on the screen so you can apply color effects to it. Probably what you're looking for if you simply want to transfer the effects.

Insomnia wrote:

This is a movie LUT that's typical for a Hollywood movie.

Why do they always have to be this weird moody steel look...

I think you can do pretty well with just some white balancing and contrast adjustment (2nd image)
Maybe that looks a *bit* bland. Add a dash of blue to the shadows (3rd image).
See? It's possible to flavor things without making the whole room look like it's made of minecraft prismarine.
Also why's the contrast at 11? Do you need to hide the ISO noise that badly? You might go slightly higher than mine to help darken the background if you wanted more character emphasis, but his suit shouldn't be a black abyss as consequence.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.