Solution to the last ME and ESO crash

• Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by 04348 Solution to the last ME and ESO crash was created by 04348
Hi !
With the recent update of MasterEffect, all the files was nicely sorted in a dedicated folder, for a better overall look... but this was precisely the reason that made SweetFX doesn't work with ESO :lol: Don't know exactly what, but folder in the root directory of the game make it crash in the most of cases :pinch:
But I've found an very easy way to solve this problem : change the path of all files in Reshade.fx and mcsmaa.hlsl, and put them in another directory, the easiest is certainly the parent directory :)

And it's work perfectly :woohoo:

If Marty McFly pass in this topic, can I share the modified file ? I don't found any way to sent a PM in this forum, but can't share it without permisson :3
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by 04348.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Solution to the last ME and ESO crash
So you basically moved all of the files out of the MasterEffect folder and into the directory where the ReShade DLL and .fx reside and changed all the lines that point to these files? If the resources in folders make the game crash, then it's rather a ReShade bug and the shader is only a workaround so you better inform Crosire about that.

• Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by 04348 Replied by 04348 on topic Solution to the last ME and ESO crash
Yes, the problem isn't from Master effect, but it could be easily solve by moving the folder MasterEffect in the parent directory, and change all path in reshade.fx :p
I've done the change and it work perfecly, so I aks you if I can share the modified reshade.fx which load file from is parent directory instead of /MasterEffect/ ^^
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by 04348.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.