Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to get these effects?

How to get these effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

I've been using reshade for 4 months now and I'm still pretty bad at using it. I just can't seem to get the same soft, stylish effects that some people get.

If anyone could explain what parameters in reshade need to be changed to get these effects. When ever I try adjust reshade it either turns out too bleeched or too much contrast or too little contrast. Some of the pictures from flikr here look like they've been spray painted on it and I'm quite certain they used reshade because I asked them.

Pic 1

edit: at the time of this post flikr seems to be down so here's a google selection of pics im talking about

Many Pics

See how they all have this similar soft, almost pastel coloured, water coloured kind of look to it? How do they achieve this? What parameters on reshade should most be using?
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by WinglessCut.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to get these effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

People sometimes tweak their ReShade to better fit the scene. So a general setting that looks great all the time is almost impossible.

Btw, no pics are showing up. :(

How to get these effects? 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

I'd recommend trining out the Ambient Light shader as well as the bloom shaders. Don't overdo it. Ambient light is a lot more subtle so it may do the trick already. Depending on your tastes you might also want to try out levels to wash out darks oh so slighty. The Witcher picture also looks like it has some color corrections. You could do so with either Technicolor 2 or LUT. Edit: The Witcher screenshot might also use some fog shader, maybe Adaptive Fog or, even though it doesn't sound like it, Emphasize.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Uncle Crassius.

How to get these effects? 4 months 2 weeks ago #4

Also, you might check out the Gaussian Blur shader. I generally leave it at the end of my sorting orders and it can soften an image nicely. May be the LightDOF shader or main DOF shader being used, I with very low Bokeh values for the DoF shader you decide to use (which will give a very smooth DoF), and a very low DoF_BlurRadius, I recommend a value between 2 and 7.