Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?

• brother_david
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #1 by brother_david Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate? was created by brother_david
Im using a shader to give a certain look with certain settings. But i would also like to have/add the look of other settings that it can give.
Can i simply copy the shader and just rename it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brother_david
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by brother_david Replied by brother_david on topic Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?
Found a thread from 2015 that states that i can copy the shader file, rename it and then rename the parts of the code that has the same name. Ill try it out later.

• SurfNSlide
More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by SurfNSlide Replied by SurfNSlide on topic Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?
Hi,

I just started diving into all this stuff recently, but have found it to be quite cool.
Now I would also like a "lighter" (for playing) and "heavier" (for screenshotting) version of MXAO , since my GTX 980 isnt the best anymore and cant handle the desired (screenshot) quality all the time ^^

Did you have any success trying what the other thread stated? I also found only that thread while looking for a solution, but since its a totally different version of reshade than we have to today (working with 3.1.1 for FarCry 5 so far), it could be theres a much simpler solution now?!

Thanks and best regards :)

• robgrab
More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?
Just create two different presets with the only difference being the MXAO settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurfNSlide

• SurfNSlide
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by SurfNSlide Replied by SurfNSlide on topic Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?
How to switch between those conveniently?

• alex
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #6 by alex Replied by alex on topic Use same shader for 2 "functions", make duplicate?

SurfNSlide wrote: How to switch between those conveniently?

you can make copies of the same shader (for different values and also lock it to a different keybind), for example for the MXAO shader search this line in the mxao.fx file

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// Technique
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

technique MXAO

change "technique MXAO" to "technique MXAO2", and rename the shader file copied with a different name too.

otherwise use the presets, it's literally the first line under the main menu HOME, where you can drop down the menu to choose presets, add, and delete them.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by alex.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.