DOF question

• WinglessCut
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #1 by WinglessCut DOF question was created by WinglessCut
I'm trying to achieve this effect:

[img
DoF GUIDE by 3D4G

Using this guide. So far I've just been adjusting the settings under MatsoDOF like fMatsoDOFBokehAngle and iMatsoDOFBokehQuality. Also set DOF_BLURRADIUS to 450 as stated. With that I get angled blurs with the foreground in focus, which is what I want.

Now what I'd like to know is how to achieve that white background with hard edges as shown in the sample picture. The blur I have on my image is angled but without hard edges. Mine just blurs into the background colour of the original image that I'm using.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by WinglessCut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WinglessCut
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 days ago #2 by WinglessCut Replied by WinglessCut on topic DOF question
So I was messing around with ReShade this evening for 2-3 hours, just fiddling with each setting under DOF to get something similar looking to above. Here's just a random sample:

I know, I know! :) I'm not very good at this and I'd rather not mention how long I've been using Reshade for in total. I really want to get better at this though.

I know the focus point is a little inaccurate on this. I was adjusting DOF_Focuspoint as much as I could and couldn't get a crisp edge. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the angle at which Geralt was posing. It seemed to only get one half of his body. What I'm really concerned about is how to get those hard edges. Is the white background another layer?

• Scorpio82CO
More
6 years 3 days ago #3 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic DOF question
Gain in the dof shader

• Scorpio82CO
More
6 years 3 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #4 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic DOF question
Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by Scorpio82CO.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.