Multiple LUTS ? Help please

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1 by master2g Multiple LUTS ? Help please was created by master2g
Hi everyone , I hope everything is well with you all.

So i have been working hard on making a Reshade preset for NFS Payback. Its been a bit of a struggle though as this game has some really odd color changes in it as it cycles through its time of day. I have learned how to create a lut but i was wondering if there is a way to create multiple luts ( or any other method ) to correct different time of day in game. As many of you know one can get a great color correction for lets say morning time but then evening time looks bad due to the game changing filters / lighting color .

I correct the annoying over use of purplish red in Paybacks evening and get most of the game balanced but then when i go back into the garage i get way to much green in there. Did a couple of shots to show my issues.
So this shot shows the current Preset with out a lut. You can see the right shot has way to much red in it but in the garage looks fine.

Now when i use lut to color correct the right image so it looks much better i get the left in garage shot now is to green.

So in short is there any way i can get it so i can setup multiple color correction for in garage, out side and different times of day ?
Your help would be really great, thanks !
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by master2g.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moriz1
More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
i made this shader over a year ago: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/289...-color-grading#22284

it does more or less what you're thinking: it uses two LUTs and adapts your final color output based on screen luminance.

i'm not entirely sure how well it'll work for you, since i only tested it in GW2, and the version in that thread is pretty old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• OtisInf
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
I made a MultiLUT shader for reshade a while ago (it's in the standard shader repo as 'MultiLUT') which is basically the single LUT shader but which can utilize multiple LUT maps. It uses a single texture with multiple LUT images. Just copy/paste your own LUT over one of them and you're set. the texture is reshade-shaders\Textures\MultiLut_atlas1.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: master2g

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
Ok great, thanks guys !. I will give both of these a try and hopefully i can get it figured out. I will keep you both posted in regards.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
Question for Otisinf ,
Is there a way to have MultiLut automatically change luts ? I see how one can make more than one lut but its a manual selection for the drop down menu in the shaders settings.Just wanted to be sure I am not doing something wrong.

@moriz1 , I got your shader installed and am just trying to figure out how to get the 2 luts saved properly in order for them to work with your shader. in game. I am sure I am missing something and will figure it out though.

I will check back in later. Thanks again.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
based on what should something change? It won't change automatically now, it's a manual change

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #7 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
^ I was thinking if there was a way for it automatically change from one lut preset to another automatically. enabling one to have a preset for different times of day in game cycle automactically . Then it would change to each lut preset based on maybe light levels or something. No matter i got things sorted out for the most part. Using moriz1 shader to change from a day preset to night preset. Then using a lut on its own to enable when in the garage to correct that part. Payback is just all over the place with color grading in a really bad way. Its been a frustrating ordeal trying to get perfection, well almost perfection in this game. I have lost half my hair from this I am sure .

Im trying a few more things but i can see me giving up because after a good 100 hrs of reshade tweaking this game is just to messed up to be fixed correctly. Its a very poorly made game when one cant fix and correct it with Reshade. :(

Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by master2g.

• moriz1
More
5 years 6 months ago #8 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please

master2g wrote: @moriz1 , I got your shader installed and am just trying to figure out how to get the 2 luts saved properly in order for them to work with your shader. in game. I am sure I am missing something and will figure it out though.

the two LUT images has to be named "lutDAY.png" and "lutNIGHT.png", and both need to be located in your reshade textures folder.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #9 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
Yes thanks. I noticed the 2 lut png file titled that in the code written in the FX file. Named them properly and it works. Just trying to get a balance between day and night at this point. Luminescence is touchy in this game so finding that balance between the change over with min and max thresholds is down to the fine detail thus far.

• master2g
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #10 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic Multiple LUTS ? Help please
@moriz1
So im using your shader but was wondering , is there a way for one to adjust code settings to make the shader more sensitivity to in game light brightness ? The change from day to night in Payback is weird so i find it is hard to get the shader to go full night lut levels or day lut levels. if i adjust the threshold min and max i can make it change but it is hard to find a exact point. Make sense what i mean ? .

Thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.