AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS

• Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by Newbie AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS was created by Newbie
I'm wondering if this is normal or just happening to me. Also, is there another effect like AdaptiveFog which consumes less fps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS
It should be relatively fast, it's just a small bloom with depth fog, so it's not slow. In the 'statistics' tab you can see what the time is per frame it takes to render the effect, what does it say?

• luluco250
More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS
Could you post your specs?

• Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Newbie Replied by Newbie on topic AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS
Honestly, I don't understand the statistics tho

• Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by Newbie Replied by Newbie on topic AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS
GPU 940m
Cpu i7-5500u
8GB ram

I know, not the strongest specs, but I'm doing alright but only with AdaptiveFog not

• OtisInf
More
5 years 5 months ago #6 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic AdaptiveFog consumes a lot of FPS
If you enable adaptive fog, and switch to the 'statistics' tab on reshade, what does it say at the bottom for adaptive fog in the right column, how many milliseconds? Here it's about 0.5ms in 1200p on a 1070. The effect isn't the fastest tho, but not that slow that it would tank anyone's game.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.