Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10

• XRJ44
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #21 by XRJ44 Replied by XRJ44 on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
Hello and thankyou for the replies.

After reading the posts its more evidence to suggest that its not my setups, its reshade.

Reshade injector is open source right? May I ask are there any threads here regarding building the shader DLL? We cant expect the devs to fix this all the time for our pleasure, I want to fix this myself, I don't know how to contact the devs here? I cant find Boulotaur, I'm literally bashing my head against the wall here guys its killing me.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction for building the DLL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spellshade
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #22 by Spellshade Replied by Spellshade on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
Github page that's linked on the main ReShade.me page.contains the source code and basic instructions for building, but I doubt compiling the DLL as is will fix the issues you're experiencing. You'll also need to correct the versioning, since it comes unversioned, so that the binary reports the correct version to shader headers, otherwise shaders that check the ReShade minimum version will refuse to work.

Edit: For the record, if you want SMAA to be more aggressive, you can CTRL+Click the Threshold box and lower it below the UI minimum, but don't set it to 0 or some crazy number or it will simply try to blend the entire image.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Spellshade. Reason: SMAA tip

• XRJ44
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #23 by XRJ44 Replied by XRJ44 on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
Hello and thankyou for the reply.

I have already read the link on Github, apparently I need to use another program with Visual Studio to build the Boulotaur2024 shader. I'm not sure? Is it as simple as loading up the scripts and exporting as a Dll?

xp-dev.com/sc/history/174865/HEAD/%2Fd3d10DLL?page=0

The theory is not to build reshade, I would like to build revision 47 Boulotaur2024, which includes updated parameters for Win8/10. Its says here ''You need Visual Studio >= 2010 + AnkhSVN to retrieve the source-code, and Microsoft DirectX SDK June 2010 for this to compile'' That's about all the info I can find apart from the reshade github page which says to build reshade you need VS 2017.

Please help.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

• Spellshade
More
5 years 4 months ago #24 by Spellshade Replied by Spellshade on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
I went ahead and built the DLLs since I've been procrastinating my own projects anyway - and oof, that was a lot of dependencies!

But regardless, here; I tested them briefly on Windows 10, Pillars of Eternity 2 (DirectX11 so dxgi) and 64 bit DLL, but considering building that one gave me the most trouble - I'm sure the others work fine.

drive.google.com/open?id=1SD_J5U5onoS5Ys6Xp41Su9yDRqRM-gsH

If Boulotaur2024 wants these taken down I'll comply with no questions asked; it's just the latest revision 47 from the svn.

• XRJ44
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #25 by XRJ44 Replied by XRJ44 on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
Hello Spellshade thankyou for the reply.

This is great news! Absolutely outstanding! I cant thankyou enough for taking your time to build the dll, eternally grateful. So eager to install the dll's and test out some games and unfortunately with Dying Light for example it gave the 'Fatal error cannot initialize renderer''

So I tried the new dll's with Elder Scrolls Online and the OS gave an error stating it needed ''MSVCP100D.dll'' So I researched in finding the dll and many threads say that this dll is for debug mode dll's which apparently will only work on the unit it was built on. Heres a quote from Stackoverflow..

''What is MSVCP100D.dll

This is the C++ runtime library dll. You've used the debug version, which won't be found in a user's computer. Compile your program in release mode. This will add a dependency in MSVCP100.dll, which is most likely to be present''

Apparently the dll's need to be built in some sort of ''Release Mode'' instead of ''debug mode''? I did download the MSVCP100D.dll and placed in the system32 folder but it crashed out ESO. I'm really sorry about asking you for help again, may I ask when you tested the newly built dll's I guess you used the Boulotaur2024 files and just replaced the dll's right? May I ask did see the log file generate anything for the shader?

Also I did notice that the new dll's are quite large files, the 64 bit ones are 900k, the original ones are about 250k. looking at the dev site there was only 4 updated files, heres the link.

xp-dev.com/sc/change/174865/47

This may be a stupid question but how did Boulotaur2024 get 250k on the 2013 version, revision 46, compared to the new revision 47 which is 900k? Maybe it needs to be built in this apparent ''Release Mode'' and maybe the size of the new DLL will be around the 300k mark I guess? I wish I knew more. You said that it worked with a game POE2 on your unit so that's still brilliant news!

Thankyou very much for your time and expertise, hope to speak soon.

• XRJ44
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #26 by XRJ44 Replied by XRJ44 on topic Boulotaur2024 SMAA WIN7 vs Reshade 4 SMAA WIN8/10
Hello,

May I ask if anyone could kindly test out Spellshades DLL because I honestly don't know if I have made a mistake here on my side?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.