Real Raytraced Reflections Demo (not Nvidia RTX)

• Scorpio82CO
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #1 by Scorpio82CO Real Raytraced Reflections Demo (not Nvidia RTX) was created by Scorpio82CO
Hi Genteleman (and Ladies of course), recently I saw this post of guru 3d, and I decide to open a discussion about this, the holy grial of Video Graphics, I hope to see some ideas from this Crytek article

www.guru3d.com/news-story/video-crytek-c...eon-rx-vega-56).html

HereĀ“s the video

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Scorpio82CO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Real Raytraced Reflections Demo (not Nvidia RTX)
Ray tracing is a very broad term. This (and RTX and basically all the Ray tracing in current news) implementation will never be possible with ReShade. Simple, screen space (using only already rendered data, anything outside screen or occluded by objects...) ray tracing is possible but it will never reach the quality of this.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.

• kilyan
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #3 by kilyan Replied by kilyan on topic Real Raytraced Reflections Demo (not Nvidia RTX)
i think i saw something reguarding raytracing in the quint ssr shader
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by kilyan.

• Moonkey
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Real Raytraced Reflections Demo (not Nvidia RTX)

kilyan wrote: i think i saw something reguarding raytracing in the quint ssr shader

Raytracing does not always have to do with full-scene tracing. There's a game that also uses raytracing for screenspace reflections called Stormworks, on Steam.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.