Aspect ratio shader (Bordered) = Increased PPI/AA?

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Aspect ratio shader (Bordered) = Increased PPI/AA? was created by SirArthurStreebGreebling
As the title states, what I'm wondering is if the aspect ratio shader can be used to increase perceived pixels per inch by essentially shrinking the picture with the black borders enabled, or am I confused as to what its doing exactly. It seems to me that if used for this purpose you're basically getting a higher perceived PPI by increasing the border size.

Just as you reduce your PPI going from say a 24" monitor to a 27" monitor, using the aspect ratio shader this way are you essentially simulating an increase in PPI? (Larger screen space to smaller - more pixel density - less aliasing)
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by SirArthurStreebGreebling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.