Question about Gaussian

• valkyrjur
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by valkyrjur Question about Gaussian was created by valkyrjur
Hello everyone. Firts of all thanks for the good job and hard work behind reshade.
My question here is about gaussian blur settings. I'm trying to export omnipotus' mass effect preset for sweetfx 1.5.1 (boulatours injector) to reshade 18.0.3 + framework . I achieved to configure all the values in reshade minus gaussian
These are the parameters for gaussian in sweetfx 1.5.1 preset by Omnipotus:
Warning: Spoiler!

I opened the "CustomFX_settings.cfg" but the settings there differ a bit, so how can i configure this values in reshade?
Thanks in advance folks.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by valkyrjur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Question about Gaussian
These settings should give you the same results.

//--- Blur / Unsharpmask Settings ---
#define USE_Blur 0 //[0 or 1] 0 = off, 1 = on. Blurs the image
#define BlurStrength 0.20 //[0.00 to 1.00] Strength of the blur effect
#define USE_Sharpening 1 //[0 or 1] 0 = off, 1 = on. Sharpens the image
#define SharpStrength 0.00 //[0.00 - 1.00] Strength of the sharpening effect
#define GaussQuality 0 //[0 to 12] Higher #'s = more blur passes for Blur and Unsharp Mask (Higher performance cost).

GaussSigma, GaussBloomWarmth, GaussThreshold, and GaussExposure only apply to bloom and/or blur so you don't have to worry about those.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

• valkyrjur
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by valkyrjur Replied by valkyrjur on topic Question about Gaussian
I could not get the same results with those settings :(

• Ioxa
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Question about Gaussian

valkyrjur wrote: I could not get the same results with those settings :(

Here is a screenshot with no effects enabled.

Here is a screenshot from SweetFX using the settings you posted.

And here is a screenshot from ReShade using the settings I posted.

I don't see a difference between the two. The shots aren't perfectly lined up but I think they are close enough that it would be easy to spot any major differences.

Here are a couple comparisons at 1.00 strength. I still don't see any differences but if you're seeing something I'm not point it out for me so I can try to fix it.
Warning: Spoiler!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.