Looking for coding wizard - Reshade hook

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Yundaz
My name is Tony, I am a vfx artist who has been spending his free time on a project, GuildWars2 enhancer.

I've been pushing the shaders that come with Reshade to their max to make Guildwars2 look as good as possible.
However, I am currently stuck, I know little about code and I am looking for somebody more experienced or knows how this could be done.

I need help with making the UI (hud) of the game sit in front of my effects so they do not get affected by it.

The good news is, there is code out there done by a student that managed to do this by making a hook of reshade specifically made to work with GuildWars2 and gave it away open-source but he has never updated in a while.
Problem is my setup requires his HOOK to work with the latest reshade.

Gw2 hook found -> here
I am looking for somebody who wants to help me and update this hook to be capable of working with the latest version and in the near future help me to push this Hook even further.

If you have a passion for Guildwars2 or want to try something like this let me know.
I dedicate my free time into this, but I am planning to release this with a donation option which I would split with my coding partner to support the project.
If you are interested or have more questions about this, please DM me
Here is an example of combining effects and techniques that sit-on-top of the game to make it more beautiful, www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/k7h...ontext=3MyRedditPost
cheers,
Tony
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Yundaz. Reason: missed some important information in my message

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.