Win 11 Auto hdr and fake hdr shader

• ponzio
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #1 by ponzio Win 11 Auto hdr and fake hdr shader was created by ponzio
hello everyone
i ve recently installed win 11.
as one of main feature, HDR is now enabled by default from os.
does it conflict or overrider fake HDR?
should fake hdr always be disabled in this case?
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aaronth07
More
2 years 5 months ago #2 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Win 11 Auto hdr and fake hdr shader
Fake HDR is just a contrast filter, it has nothing to do with real HDR. Since AutoHDR works with an SDR output, Reshade shaders that aren't normally HDR compatible should still work.

As for whether you should disable or not, well, I personally think the fake HDR shader looks like trash. There are much better contrast shaders out there. But that is just my opinion.

• JMaq81
More
2 years 5 months ago #3 by JMaq81 Replied by JMaq81 on topic Win 11 Auto hdr and fake hdr shader
You can stream a video clip applying Fake HDR on a ReShade capable Media Player Classic (mod) MPC-HC.1.9.17.x64 (Github release)...And add a vibrance or tone map shader to get a good result (Windows HDR enabled). SDR clip on HDR monitor may not be as accurate as a real HDR footage, but it is satisfying to my eyes IMO.

• aaronth07
More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Win 11 Auto hdr and fake hdr shader
Unless the video has an HDR output (which it wouldn't if it's in SDR), using those contrast filters won't do anything since the output will be clipped to SDR ranges anyways. You will never get an HDR-like image that way.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.