Experimental Temporal SMAA

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #1 by lordbean Experimental Temporal SMAA was created by lordbean
If anyone's interested in trying it out, I've started experimenting with a form of Temporal SMAA here: github.com/lordbean-git/reshade-shaders/...ain/Shaders/TSMAA.fx

It performs temporal data aggregation similar to what I did with edge detection in HQAA, except for every step in the technique instead of just the edges. I also used the SMAA data to implement a form of raster artifact control similar to the optional image softener in HQAA as well as previous-frame blending to help with image stability.

This is still basically just an experiment so your mileage may vary considerably in terms of the output image quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xv0t, YF, Judge_K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xv0t
More
2 years 4 days ago #2 by xv0t Replied by xv0t on topic Experimental Temporal SMAA
Been having surprisingly good results with this shader!
Impressive work considering it's not using any motion vectors, hopefully you don't drop it and can work some performance optimizations in the future!
Thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.