Access time from current frame start to last completed pass?

• JohnnyFlash
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #1 by JohnnyFlash Access time from current frame start to last completed pass? was created by JohnnyFlash
Is this possible?  I know frametime pulls the total completion time of the previous frame, but what if I want the completion time of the current frame at the end of the last pass, or the start of the current one?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Access time from current frame start to last completed pass?
ReShade doesn't time individual passes, nor would it be accurate to do so, since you'd have to query GPU timings which are not available at the time ReShade submits its render commands (as the commands first need to be communicated to the GPU and the GPU then has to execute them, before timings can be read back, at which point the CPU is already well committed to the next frame). Because of that frame time only captures the CPU submit time, not how long the GPU actually worked on it. And ReShade only updates uniforms once every frame before all techniques are being rendered anyway.
So this information is not available and cannot be made available in a performant fashion.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by crosire.

• JohnnyFlash
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by JohnnyFlash Replied by JohnnyFlash on topic Access time from current frame start to last completed pass?
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I figured, but I've been wrong before.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.