Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 7 months ago #21

Yes, its checking the z-depth value to decide when to apply the effect. E.g. a strong god ray effect is better just applied to the skybox :P
Ok, then it will be mean that effect with this flag can't work correctly if game can't provide propper z-buffer?
(I just ask, because in Fallout New Vegas, godrays work, but i think they dont work correctly, because z-depth in game is static, and updated only when game go to menu screen)
Моряк - с печки бряк.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 7 months ago #22

SilentPrayerCG wrote:
Yes, its checking the z-depth value to decide when to apply the effect. E.g. a strong god ray effect is better just applied to the skybox :P
Ok, then it will be mean that effect with this flag can't work correctly if game can't provide propper z-buffer?
(I just ask, because in Fallout New Vegas, godrays work, but i think they dont work correctly, because z-depth in game is static, and updated only when game go to menu screen)

Exactly. Usually depth value of 1.0 means infinite distance. Most games with not properly working depth buffer have a plain white depth buffer so it seems like everything is infinitely far away and the limitation of depth check doesn't work. Also, when the depth buffer is pitch black, no effect is applied at all.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 7 months ago #23

Ok, thx for answers. Was not sure about this.
Sadly, most my games doesn't support z-depth or can't stable produce it.
Godrays whit depth off make just static glowing at center of screen, and nothing more.

Also i have question about UI Mask, i dont get how use this, for me it just make all effects not appear at all.

ok, i think i get it. press f12, move around until static pixels will be captured by shader, then press 12 again.
Моряк - с печки бряк.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 7 months ago #24

Would be cool if someone from the team (Marty?) can make the crossprocess color values configurable, like this:

CustomFx.cfg
////----------------/////**CROSSPROCESS**/////----------------////#define USE_CROSSPROCESS 1...#define CrossRedA 0.85#define CrossRedB 0.04#define CrossGreenA 1.00#define CrossGreenB 0.02#define CrossBlueA 0.51#define CrossBlueB 0.045...

ColorCorrection.h
float3 CrossPass(float3 color){        float2 CrossMatrix [3] = {                float2 (CrossRedA, CrossRedB),                float2 (CrossGreenA, CrossGreenB),                float2 (CrossBlueA, CrossBlueB),...}

Thereby the preset creators, that change these (as I do) won't have to ship their presets with ColorCorrection.h.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by brussell.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #25

@LuciferHawk:
A time ago (beginning of this topic) I wrote about:
- In The McFX Suite {Framework - McFX_settings.cfg} I miss these options (which were available in the MasterEffect.h):
#define AO_TEXSCALE
#define AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT
#define AO_BLUR_STEPS
#define AO_FADE_START
#define AO_FADE_END
Especially the absence of AO_FADE_END is causing a major FPS drop in games with big outdoor areas.

--> Is there any news upon this, can we see a new Framework with the latest Master FX ReBorn v1.1.287,
the latest ReShade Framework v1.0.0 contains MER v1.1.190 which are missing quite some extra AO features
(and these 2 techniques: Raymarch HBAO & Alchemy SAO)..
or how can I "port" these extra AO features into ReShade Framework v1.0.0 myself?

Thanks in advance!

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #26

The changes from the latest ME update have been implemented but will be released with the next update of ReShade Framework. Hopefully, Marty can introduce further changes by then :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: acknowledge, DeMondo

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #27

LuciferHawk wrote:
The changes from the latest ME update have been implemented but will be released with the next update of ReShade Framework. Hopefully, Marty can introduce further changes by then :)

--> Awesome, when can we prob. see it? B)

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #28

also plese inclue hq4x,3dfx,iofx,ppfx,dsfx shaders in upcoming framework .i tried manually but they are not showing in mediator ....

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #29

logout20 wrote:
also plese inclue hq4x,3dfx,iofx,ppfx,dsfx shaders in upcoming framework .i tried manually but they are not showing in mediator ....

What and by whom are those and is there ReShade source code existing?

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #30

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #31

LuciferHawk wrote:
logout20 wrote:

What and by whom are those and is there ReShade source code existing?

can this file be read only where the mediator wont overwrite code change to it common.cfg i have something in this i want to be read as a global setting and reshade overwrites the code to default settings its super annoying

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #32

Not sure if I understood right but common.cfg will only be changed if you change its values in the mediator and press apply or swap to another preset/configuration.

It is (currently!) not possible to have configurations for only individual/selected configuration files. Therefore, a configuration always consists of all .cfg files.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #33

LuciferHawk wrote:
Not sure if I understood right but common.cfg will only be changed if you change its values in the mediator and press apply or swap to another preset/configuration.

It is (currently!) not possible to have configurations for only individual/selected configuration files. Therefore, a configuration always consists of all .cfg files.
trying to flip a depth buffer in unity engine, this "#define RFX_DepthUnity 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 1 if your app uses Unity or has inverted depth." needs to be in common.cfg to load first before anything else it seems to work with all depth based effects , well this file gets overwritten with default values once shaders reload. Not to mention it might just be the way the shaders are done atm but anything with depth based effects like ssao at least in this game are super slow and are only useful for screenshots
link to the post Link

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 6 months ago #34

"file gets overwritten with default values once shaders reload"

Which "reload" do you mean?

I assume you have some functionality implemented in ReShade.fx which is controled by this value?

Again, the only two scenarios comming into my mind in which files are (over)written are the two I described in my previous post.

About performance, it is not about depth based effects but specifically propper DoF and SSAO are usually one of the most demanding shader. Fortunately, Marty implemented various modes that (among other features) differ in performance, it might be good to try them out.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 5 months ago #35

LuciferHawk wrote:
"file gets overwritten with default values once shaders reload"

Which "reload" do you mean?

I assume you have some functionality implemented in ReShade.fx which is controled by this value?

Again, the only two scenarios comming into my mind in which files are (over)written are the two I described in my previous post.

About performance, it is not about depth based effects but specifically propper DoF and SSAO are usually one of the most demanding shader. Fortunately, Marty implemented various modes that (among other features) differ in performance, it might be good to try them out.

this placed in common.cfg gets overwritten by your configuration tool, also making multiple cfg files doesn't work as the tool doesnt have them ? it just resets to what ever is coded in your tool so if someone where to currently go in and edit the way something is detected for a special fix on a game engine idk how they can if your tool is going to overwrite their fix's.Maybe there is a way i can change another file but its much easier to globally effect all shaders requiring depth data then to have to go in and change the shaders specifically themselves
#define RFX_DepthUnity 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 1 if your app uses Unity or has inverted depth.

This is to flip the buffer for unity engine and alike it works atm
// Global Textures and Samplers texture RFX_depthBufferTex : DEPTH; #if RFX_DepthUnity texture RFX_fixdepthTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R32F; }; #endif texture RFX_depthTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R32F; }; texture RFX_backbufferTex : COLOR; #if RFX_InitialStorage texture RFX_originalTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA8; }; #else texture RFX_originalTex : COLOR; #endif sampler RFX_originaldepthColor { Texture = RFX_depthBufferTex; }; sampler RFX_depthColor { #if RFX_DepthUnity Texture = RFX_fixdepthTex; #else Texture = RFX_depthBufferTex; #endif }; sampler RFX_depthTexColor { Texture = RFX_depthTex; }; #if RFX_DepthUnity float RFX_PS_FixDepth(in float4 position : SV_Position, in float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target { return tex2D(RFX_originaldepthColor, float2(texcoord.x, 1.0 - texcoord.y)).x; } #endif #if RFX_InitialStorage || RFX_DepthBufferCalc technique RFX_Setup_Tech < enabled = true; > { #if RFX_DepthUnity pass FixDepth { VertexShader = RFX_VS_PostProcess; PixelShader = RFX_PS_FixDepth; RenderTarget = RFX_fixdepthTex; } #endif #if RFX_InitialStorage pass StoreColor { VertexShader = RFX_VS_PostProcess; PixelShader = RFX_PS_StoreColor; RenderTarget = RFX_originalTex; } #endif #if RFX_DepthBufferCalc pass StoreDepth { VertexShader = RFX_VS_PostProcess; PixelShader = RFX_PS_StoreDepth; RenderTarget = RFX_depthTex; } #endif } #endif[/code oh and the ssao in general through reshade has always "crawled" and looks like it updates super slowly as the camera changes position.[code]// Global Textures and Samplers
texture RFX_depthBufferTex : DEPTH;
#if RFX_DepthUnity
texture RFX_fixdepthTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R32F; };
#endif
texture RFX_depthTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = R32F; };

texture RFX_backbufferTex : COLOR;

#if RFX_InitialStorage
texture RFX_originalTex { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format = RGBA8; };
#else
texture RFX_originalTex : COLOR;
#endif
sampler RFX_originaldepthColor { Texture = RFX_depthBufferTex; };
sampler RFX_depthColor {
#if RFX_DepthUnity
Texture = RFX_fixdepthTex;
#else
Texture = RFX_depthBufferTex;
#endif
};
sampler RFX_depthTexColor { Texture = RFX_depthTex; };

#if RFX_DepthUnity
float RFX_PS_FixDepth(in float4 position : SV_Position, in float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
return tex2D(RFX_originaldepthColor, float2(texcoord.x, 1.0 - texcoord.y)).x;
}
#endif

#if RFX_InitialStorage || RFX_DepthBufferCalc
technique RFX_Setup_Tech < enabled = true; >
{
#if RFX_DepthUnity
pass FixDepth
{
VertexShader = RFX_VS_PostProcess;
PixelShader = RFX_PS_FixDepth;
RenderTarget = RFX_fixdepthTex;
}
#endif
#if RFX_InitialStorage
pass StoreColor
{
PixelShader = RFX_PS_StoreColor;
RenderTarget = RFX_originalTex;
}
#endif
#if RFX_DepthBufferCalc
pass StoreDepth
{
PixelShader = RFX_PS_StoreDepth;
RenderTarget = RFX_depthTex;
}
#endif
}
#endif[/code

oh and the ssao in general through reshade has always "crawled" and looks like it updates super slowly as the camera changes position.

Framework: Questions,suggestions & missing options 3 years 5 months ago #36

No configuration is hard coded in the mediator. It reads your configuration and writes it (in a certain layout format) back to disk once you change settings.

Add your line
#define RFX_DepthUnity 1 //[0:1] //-Set this to 1 if your app uses Unity or has inverted depth.

below the line
#define RFX_Depth_z_far 1.0 //[undef] //-Camera z far, must be further than the near value.
in Common.cfg file.

Open the mediator, go to the Common tab and you will see your added variable. If you press 'Apply' and then 'Reset' it will reorder your variables but that line will still be there! :)

Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.
  • Page: