Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #181 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I'm talking about ReShade 3.0.
Current file is ReShade 2.0 only.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The topic has been locked.
  • Exilium
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #182 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

LegoPepper wrote: You can disable IL by setting the line #define bMXAOIndirectLightingEnable to 0.
Looks like it is off by default.

What a fuck? Are you trying to teach him how to disable it in a shader he created himself? Damn, oh my God! :blink:

Marty, any news about it and Matso Depth Of Field? I don't know why I can't control light brigth in Matso Depth Of Field of Reshade 3.x.x.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Exilium.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 2 months ago #183 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: Well, I chose to make it toggleable per preprocessor. Different techniques or files will usually end up in poor configs where people use both.

I really liked the beta, if you manage to get to work with using the pre-procesing settings. I think that is a win.

I think I would not miss boundary check that much. Then if you enable IL manually in nongui it is not that a big deal to add backcheck too. From usability pov they after all this just on and off switches, so it should not be big loss. Though some people will be confused with sliders that are there but not active. Maybe a tool tip mentioning to enable it it preprocessor settings.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #184 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Well I can disable the sliders with the preprocessor as well.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 2 months ago #185 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Cool, then I think it should not be that confusing.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #186 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I thought a bit more on this subject. You probably already pondered this. I suspect the typical Reshade preset user would get confused with whole pre-proccessor part of Reshade. As the PP info is saved in the dxgi/d3d9/d3d11 ini file it is not something that would be in the preset file. Also you kinda have to add it manually, as the Reshade shader directories would be unique for diffrent computers in some cases. Though for the more patient user it should be a case of just copy paste the information and preset would be as the preset maker wanted it to be.

Though it would not pose problem for all. I have no idea how other people use Reshade or what is considered confusing. Just wanted help speculate how diffrent scenarios could be for diffrent people :silly:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Sunesha.
  • LegoPepper
More
7 years 2 months ago #187 by LegoPepper Replied by LegoPepper on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Exilium wrote:

LegoPepper wrote: You can disable IL by setting the line #define bMXAOIndirectLightingEnable to 0.
Looks like it is off by default.

What a fuck? Are you trying to teach him how to disable it in a shader he created himself? Damn, oh my God! :blink:.

Noooo i was trying to help the other guy disable IL.
  • sets
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #188 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
can GTX1060 handle MXAO default settings on 1440p ? my game drops from 60 to 40-ish FPS when have MXAO on
and sometimes i can't enable MXAO, it worked yesterday but when i reinstalled reshade it doesn't work now, any idea ?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by sets.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #189 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Default settings in my shaders are rarely a reference to what's recommended as I mostly use crazy values to test features and then forget to set them to proper ones before release.
About the not working thing, is it ReShade 3 or 2 and which files are you using, the ones from this thread OP or github?

Everyone: made big progress with MXAO, performance got up by 50+ %. However my new render path doesn't support SSIL, need to thing about that...
The following user(s) said Thank You: piltrafus
  • sets
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #190 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
sorry for the lack of informations
- im using latest reshade, 3.0.6.165
- few days ago i tried out the MXAO on 1440p, it looks great!, but i was busy and didn't have much time to play the game so i just turn it on and off for comparison then exit the game .i noticed there are FPS drop so i changed game res to 1080p but this time MXAO didn't work for me, turn it on and off has no difference like before, other effects work just fine

MXAO is present but the effect don't apply ingame, screenshot

• Sunesha
More
7 years 2 months ago #191 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
How I personally use, I use it as a ambient occlusion replacement.

With my GTX 960, I often find I can't afford IL. As often use the Ambient light, Adaptive sharpen shaders.

I use only 24 or 32 samples depending on the game. As I found this is good minimum amount of samples to get a nice AO.

Though when I have extra juice to run IL, it is really awesome.

If future MXAO is faster without IL. Personally I would love that as I could probably benefit more. I would just use the older version when I wanted IL.

Can't you make IL as own shader? Or is dependant on MXAO calculation so it just have to rerun the calculations any way?
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #192 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
IL needs AO calculation so using IL only is dropping AO info for nothing.
  • v00d00m4n
More
7 years 2 months ago #193 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

sets wrote: sorry for the lack of informations
- im using latest reshade, 3.0.6.165
- few days ago i tried out the MXAO on 1440p, it looks great!, but i was busy and didn't have much time to play the game so i just turn it on and off for comparison then exit the game .i noticed there are FPS drop so i changed game res to 1080p but this time MXAO didn't work for me, turn it on and off has no difference like before, other effects work just fine

MXAO is present but the effect don't apply ingame, screenshot

Reshade 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 has broken hooking, a lot of CTD or effects don't apply. Use version 3.0.4 until Crosire will fix this issue in version 3.0.7 or somebody else does with source code.

Also, please visit your Lightroom thread and please release beta shader.. I waited months for it, and years for something like this to correct shitty game post processing, but you seems too busy with mxao now. Please push your lightroom shader to GitHub so we can download it with other reshade shaders and fork and improve something you did not finish. I cant wait no more for this shader of my dreams XD
  • sets
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #194 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
changed to v3.0.4 MXAO still don't work :S
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #195 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
No clue what's going on, people, sorry. Does debug mode change anything ? Because if depth buffer access is broken, AO is invisible.
  • sets
More
7 years 2 months ago #196 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
it's weird that i made it work once but now i can't.
what is debug mode ?
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #197 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
It's an MXAO option in the UI.
EDIT: Hmm deinterleaved MXAO is faster than regular MXAO when using AO only, but slower when using IL as well..Damnit.
  • ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #198 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
What GPU do you have? Because my 1070 does not like to use VRAM.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ShoterXX.
  • Exilium
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #199 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: It's an MXAO option in the UI.
EDIT: Hmm deinterleaved MXAO is faster than regular MXAO when using AO only, but slower when using IL as well..Damnit.

What??? :unsure:
So, any news about MXAO update?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Exilium.
  • sets
More
7 years 2 months ago #200 by sets Replied by sets on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
sadly debug mode isn't working either, if i turn debug mode on i got all white screen

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.