MassFX Shader Pack

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #21 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Physically-Based Bloom shader
@Marty
No need for any search algorithm...the paper didn't do full screen FFT only for performance reason.

simple demo:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by kingeric1992. Reason: decade --> decay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #22 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Physically-Based Bloom shader
following the last post:
Alternatively, with triangle aperture:

==========================================
Ghosting flares can also benefit from the process.

iFFT( FFT(Aperture texture) * FFT(source texture) ) == ghosting flares texture

then just multipassing & deform the flare texture to get multiple inter-reflection ghost on different deformation & scaling level.
(the last part is what missing in most UE and Unity ghost, which makes them looked weird)

==========================================
About combining the downscaled texture, there really aren't any benefit for doing that when you can simply assign new textures.
Also keeping those texture separate can allow easy access for other effect that require blured scene.
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by kingeric1992.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

• kanuuna
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #23 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic Physically-Based Bloom shader
I got the pack to work just fine with Rocket League (DX9), but I ran into this error message when I tried ArmA III just now.

I couldn't figure it out myself. I didn't try any other DX10+ titles, but I'd guess it's an issue with DX10 / DX11 games.
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by kanuuna.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 day ago #24 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Physically-Based Bloom shader

kanuuna wrote: I got the pack to work just fine with Rocket League (DX9), but I ran into this error message when I tried ArmA III just now.

It's a ReShade bug (already fixed in upcoming update).
The following user(s) said Thank You: kanuuna, luluco250

• SSSekky
More
8 years 16 hours ago #25 by SSSekky Replied by SSSekky on topic MassFX Shader Pack
Would it be possible for MBMB to still receive the blur, even if you keep
turning the same direction repeatedly or without stopping?

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #26 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack

Would it be possible for MBMB to still receive the blur, even if you keep
turning the same direction repeatedly or without stopping?

It works by calculating the velocity between the last mouse position (from the last frame) - the current mouse position divided by the time it took to render the last frame, so it is taking your mouse velocity correctly, however there is a parameter called "MBMB_Velocity" which multiplies the velocity calculated.
By default I set it to something that doesn't blurs too much in menus, so you only see motion blur when you move the camera really fast, but you can crank it up to 1.0 for the full velocity, I wouldn't recommend values higher than 1.0 however, I haven't tested what'd happen.

Edit to avoid double posting:

Updated the pack! Now it sports color lookup table color correction and film grain, depth functionality has been re-added as well as motion blur can now depend on depth.

I've also included a few pre-made LUTs so you can have a headstart :^)

Sunset LUT:

Black gold LUT:

Personally I'm using what I named "grim" LUT, it's a mix of soft S curves with luminosity-based desaturation:

EDIT: There was a simple mistake in grain.fx (a #pragma message that lacked the word "message"), I've updated the repository with a fixed file.

EDIT: Added a power parameter to LUT, you can now set how much color correction you want.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by luluco250.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, andrew, SSSekky

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #27 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack
Implemented a fake HDR + tonemapping shader, also with white fix if you use tonemapping on LDR games.
It can affect the image as well as some shaders.

Here's what it looks like with HDR + tonemapping + whitefix + other shaders:

Versus no shaders or anything applied:

Enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: kanuuna, CUBER, Tycholarfero, DeMondo

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #28 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic MassFX Shader Pack
My question may be really stupid, but is it possible to use this with the mediator?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Wicked Sick.

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #29 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack

My quest may be really stupid, but is it possible to use this with the mediator?

I don't know, you're open to try if you want to. I don't use the mediator, so I can't tell.

Edit:
Looks great on Morrowind! (gonna release a preset soon I think)

The fake HDR + Bloom makes everything look absolutely fantastic.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by luluco250. Reason: Avoid double posting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tycholarfero, andrew

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #30 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack
Hey there, sorry for lack of feedback for the longest time, I've been working a lot on version 5, rewritten tons of stuff.
Here's a little preview of something very special, HDR + bloom + eye adaptation: Gfycat

Hope you guys like it, I should be releasing it soon as I just need to port back some effects from older versions, as well as tweak some other existing ones.

To approximate HDR I convert the color to HSV, then I do:
(col.z being color value)
float threshold = smoothstep(0, 1, col.z * (1 - HDR_Threshold));
col.z = lerp(col.z, col.z * HDR_OverBright, threshold);

And then convert the color back. Obviously this won't look realistic 100% of times but tweaking it well should look good.

I've implemented tonemapping using John Hable's filmic curve with an gamma-powered exposure adjustment, which allows for both manual and automatic exposure. Auto also has a speed factor in sort of a 'temporal' way, so the transition can be smoothed.

The bloom has been improved and tweaked, also has a scale factor now.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by luluco250.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly, MiscSarcasm, piltrafus, WalterDasTrevas

• piltrafus
More
7 years 10 months ago #31 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic MassFX Shader Pack

luluco250 wrote: ... Auto also has a speed factor in sort of a 'temporal' way, so the transition can be smoothed.

I'm pretty sure it's the first time I see a smooth transition between two states/values implemented in reshade. Looking forward to see your updated suite. However I'm really, really looking forward to test if that smooth transition can be ported to the DOF shaders. A smooth transition between focal point depth changes is something I've been lusting for.
Great job.

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #32 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack
The smooth transition is quite simple, here's how it works:

pass where value is determined, then lerped with the last value by a speed value
pass where the determined value is saved to the last value

I wonder if this could be used to create temporal effects...?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by luluco250.

• Estebanium
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #33 by Estebanium Replied by Estebanium on topic MassFX Shader Pack
I was able to port MassFX to regular Framework, using ReShade 2.0.3.1120. I only use PBB and HDR, it was a bit tricky to get it to work.
My only problem is, that the HDR effect indoors enhances the vibrancy, making it very colorful.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Estebanium.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Aksine12
More
7 years 7 months ago #34 by Aksine12 Replied by Aksine12 on topic MassFX Shader Pack
Hey Luluco ,is the adaptive tonemapping done yet ?

• F D B
More
7 years 1 month ago #35 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic MassFX Shader Pack

luluco250 wrote: Implemented a fake HDR + tonemapping shader, also with white fix if you use tonemapping on LDR games.

Enjoy

Where can I get "WhiteFix"?

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #36 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic MassFX Shader Pack

F D B wrote:

luluco250 wrote: Implemented a fake HDR + tonemapping shader, also with white fix if you use tonemapping on LDR games.

Enjoy

Where can I get "WhiteFix"?

Man you really dug up a grave didn't you?
White fix is simply a bad solution to tonemapping an already LDR image.
You basically take a screenshot of how a pure white pixel looks on after applying all effects, then see what it's value is.
For example, if it's 0.83 I think you're supposed to divide the final image by 0.83, I don't really remember it that well.
Just use the shaders in the framework, this isn't even made for ReShade 3.0.

• Chavolatra
More
6 years 6 months ago #37 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic MassFX Shader Pack
This Shader works in reshade 3 or dont ??? .If dont work you can port this effects ???

• Michael35699
More
5 years 5 months ago #38 by Michael35699 Replied by Michael35699 on topic MassFX Shader Pack
How would you use this? I'm sorry I just discovered Reshade today.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.