Light DoF for ReShade 3.0

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by luluco250 Light DoF for ReShade 3.0 was created by luluco250
A lightweight (or at least that's my objective) but good-looking depth of field shader for ReShade 3.0!

Pull request to the official repository: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/pull/41
Right now you can just get it HERE (right-click, "Save as"/"Save link")
You just need the ReShade.fxh file in the same folder.

Features:
  • Lightweight poisson disc "bokeh" blur, ported from github.com/spite/Wagner/blob/master/frag...on-disc-blur-fs.glsl
  • Excellent depth masking, objects in front of the blur won't "leak" to the further plane.
  • Auto-Focus with: time delay, manual or mouse center.
  • Separate techniques for far and near blur.
  • Optional separable chromatic aberration for both far and near blurs.
Any feedback is well appreciated! Enjoy :)

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by luluco250.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuze, Elimina, andrew, OtisInf, XIIICaesar, ecchichuu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Light DoF for ReShade 3.0
Sorry for double-posting, but I couldn't add an additional link to the first post.

Here's an animated demonstration [HD] :
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• Elimina
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Light DoF for ReShade 3.0
hey, I never got to try out this effect until now. Very performance friendly and it looks very natural. the Near DoF is a big improvement over the other DoFs, since it has a slight overlapping blur. Nice Job :)

• OtisInf
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Light DoF for ReShade 3.0
Quick question: does it blur elements in the near plane into the focus plane? (I hope so!) As the current DOF in reshade doesn't do that, so you have hard edges around elements in near plane if the element is in front of the focus plane (e.g. a pillar) Will try yours out, which is right on time as I was about to try to port one of the advanced dof's to reshade to get near plane elements to properly blur into focus plane area.

(edit)
Tried it with The Witcher 3, but the autofocus one doesn't do anything, enabling/disabling, nothing works: no dof is applied. Near / far work OK. I'd like a higher blur factor than 10, but it's OK. Could be input problem somewhere.

(edit2)
Tried to change the limit of 10 of max blur, as it's a bit too low for my tastes but couldn't get it to work as the implemented blur method isn't really affected by it. I think an additional value, e.g. a blur curve, could be helpful in the poisson blur function. It now only uses bokeh value but setting that to a higher value gives weird distortion which is a result of the poisson usage I think (works fine on lower values :))
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by OtisInf.

• F D B
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #5 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Light DoF for ReShade 3.0
Yeah I love the softness of this DOF.
I would like to have more control over far blur strength though for example (I would like to make blur stronger for Far DOF). But so far so good!

Thank you!
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by F D B.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.