Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by PirateKitty Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!) was created by PirateKitty
Initial release of my shaders for Reshade 3.0

Distributed as is. I haven't tested it with other shaders, but should work anyway. Delete any .fx files you're not using to compile faster. The folder structure is the same generated from reshade, so putting the files in shouldn't be a big deal.

Effects included:
-Bloom
-Contrast Curve
-FXAA
-Light Adaptation (Auto contrast, equalization and exposure)
-Luma Sharpen
-SSAO + Illumination + Scatter (Alchemy AO included as an alternative)
-1D Tonemap (Includes a few examples in the texture folder, if you want a more complex tonemap, try 3Dtonemap aka LUT that is available in other shaders)
-Vibrance
-Vignette

Effects that have settings outside of the in-game shift+f2 menu have an included .cfg file where you can find those settings. Most of these settings are things you can't change without recompiling shaders, so after you change the .cfg rile, just reload the shaders in game to see the changes.

Github link. Download the latest master.zip or check releases.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by PirateKitty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread, SpinelessJelly, Insomnia, Martigen, DeMondo, Genrix, Ryukou36, GP-Unity, BlueSkyKnight, Sunesha and 4 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunesha
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Cool. Will check it out =)

• Martigen
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Initial release of my shaders for Reshade 3.0

Distributed as is. I haven't tested it with other shaders, but should work anyway. Delete any .fx files you're not using to compile faster. The folder structure is the same generated from reshade, so putting the files in shouldn't be a big deal.

Effects included:
-Bloom
-Contrast Curve
-FXAA
-Luma Sharpen
-1D Tonemap (Includes a few examples in the texture folder, if you want a more complex tonemap, try 3Dtonemap aka LUT that is available in other shaders)
-Vibrance
-Vignette

Effects that have settings outside of the in-game shift+f2 menu have an included .cfg file where you can find those settings. Most of these settings are things you can't change without recompiling shaders, so after you change the .cfg rile, just reload the shaders in game to see the changes.

Download Link

Trying these out for the first time, very nice!

Just one odd issue -- Light Adaption is causing all kinds of colourful rainbow effects, at least in XCOM2.

• Bloody Eugene
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by Bloody Eugene Replied by Bloody Eugene on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Impressive. Really. Loved the Light Adaptation shader! :)

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Gotta be careful with light adaptation values. Equalization is like hitting equalization on photoshop, the results are never good, but if you apply it at 10% or less, it makes the picture better.

Just lower the values if you're getting weird results.

• Martigen
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Gotta be careful with light adaptation values. Equalization is like hitting equalization on photoshop, the results are never good, but if you apply it at 10% or less, it makes the picture better.

Just lower the values if you're getting weird results.

Ok will try again later, was just using the default settings the shader comes with for now as I don't have a clue what the values do atm :)
Oh I should probably clarify -- I think on its own it was fine, but when I enabled some of the other pirate shaders, this effect showed up. I'll look again later tonight to see which combination triggered the weird effects.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Martigen.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Not every effect is protected against rollovers. This becomes more apparent since I didn't provide an initial .ini to determine the effect order, so you have to reorder them manually.

I recommend ordering the effects like this:

Lumasharpen
Vibrance
SSAO
Curve
Light Adaptation
Tonemap
Bloom
Vignette
FXAA

You should always keep effects that affect the overall light of the scene last, regardless of being my shaders or not. Tonemapping also varies wildly depending if it's before or after any contrast/exposure/brightness/etc effect. So that's something you want to play with, depending on the look you want for your game.

Also, you should either use curve or light adaptation's auto-curve. Not both as they are exactly the same effect. If you want to use exposure/equalization on LA and have a manual curve, leave the auto curve at 0.0.

• Martigen
More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Not every effect is protected against rollovers. This becomes more apparent since I didn't provide an initial .ini to determine the effect order, so you have to reorder them manually.

I recommend ordering the effects like this:

Lumasharpen
Vibrance
SSAO
Curve
Light Adaptation
Tonemap
Bloom
Vignette
FXAA

You should always keep effects that affect the overall light of the scene last, regardless of being my shaders or not. Tonemapping also varies wildly depending if it's before or after any contrast/exposure/brightness/etc effect. So that's something you want to play with, depending on the look you want for your game.

Also, you should either use curve or light adaptation's auto-curve. Not both as they are exactly the same effect. If you want to use exposure/equalization on LA and have a manual curve, leave the auto curve at 0.0.

Great, thanks for the info Kitty :)

One more thing: your Lumasharpen, FXAA and maybe others have the same name as of course sweetfx Luma, FXAA. This means if I enable just sweetfx FXAA, or yours, upon loading the game next time -both- are enabled. According to Crosire this is because Reshade can't differentiate between the two. The solution, presumably, is to re-name your techniques.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #9 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Thanks for letting me know. I will do that for the next version.

I might move over to github as well, will make things easier now that I'm using multiple files.

Edit:
Updated the download link and moved over to github. Have fun.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Thanks for letting me know. I will do that for the next version.

I might move over to github as well, will make things easier now that I'm using multiple files.

Edit:
Updated the download link and moved over to github. Have fun.

Does the Depth precision of your SSAO Shader matter much?
The Reason I ask is Because In Skyrim SE It don't seem quite right when I try to adjust using your values in the shader.
The Effect seems to lose it power when the Depth map too dark. So is the goal to make it light as possible?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #11 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
You want a good gradient from black to white for the depth. Then just toy with near/far z depth using ao/il debug mode to get a proper effect.

Edit:
Did some small changes to SSAO. Just download the master.zip from the github page for the update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gar Stazi

• DeMondo
More
7 years 5 months ago #12 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Initial release of my shaders for Reshade 3.0

Effects included:
-Bloom
-Contrast Curve
-FXAA
-Luma Sharpen
-Vibrance
-Vignette

Download Link
Github

! Utterly awesome shaderpack, Kitty, thank you !
The following user(s) said Thank You: PirateKitty

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 5 months ago #13 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Great set of shaders. Your bloom and light adaptation shaders were just what i was looking for. Also did some testing with your illumination shader but still getting to grips with it. You should definitely release your shaders to be attached by default with reshade 3. I want to share presets i've made with with your shaders on youtube. Is it okay if i link to your github page to direct anyone who wants to use my presets? I will obviously credit you, but if you don't want me to then that's understandable. I've been using some of your new shaders for about a week now and have nothing to complain about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PirateKitty

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #14 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Thanks. It takes a bit of work to get it set up right for any given game. Mostly because of non-linear depth buffers. I should make a little tutorial on how to some time. Also have some bug-fixes to do on a couple shaders.

I don't think that's up to me, as far as releasing goes. And I'm too careless to go check or talk to crosire about it. There are a few overlapping shaders that do the same thing (somewhat) when it comes to the default package and the ones I wrote. I mean, he's welcome to if he wants to.

You can do whatever you want with them. Linking to the github is the best way to get the latest. I might do a new release soon to keep track of changes, but for now just download the master.zip instead of a release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GP-Unity

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #15 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Thanks. It takes a bit of work to get it set up right for any given game. Mostly because of non-linear depth buffers. I should make a little tutorial on how to some time. Also have some bug-fixes to do on a couple shaders.

I don't think that's up to me, as far as releasing goes. And I'm too careless to go check or talk to crosire about it. There are a few overlapping shaders that do the same thing (somewhat) when it comes to the default package and the ones I wrote. I mean, he's welcome to if he wants to.

You can do whatever you want with them. Linking to the github is the best way to get the latest. I might do a new release soon to keep track of changes, but for now just download the master.zip instead of a release.

Ya like with my shader you want to have PirateKItty shader load before mine. I ended up modding PirateKittys shader to use my Depth Map Profiles for his PirateKitty SSAO Shader. >.> Same goes with MXAO. I don't see it much as a problem. Load Order just something to get used too.

I only did this because I was more comfortable with my Depth Map Code then his/hers.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #16 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Updated how AO blur works with a few options in the .cfg for it. Should be able to retain details in low resolutions without blurring everything.

Download master from github for the update.

• Sinclair
More
7 years 5 months ago #17 by Sinclair Replied by Sinclair on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
PirateKitty -- thanks so much for these shaders!

I've noticed one thing, though, with the SSAOILSC shader. When DEPTH_AO_IL_ENABLE is set to 0, AND Reshade is run in Configuration mode, Reshade is unable to compile the shader. The Reshade log says:

23/11/2016 14:53:06:542 [15320] | INFO | Compiling '...[snip]...\Pirate_SSAOILSC.fx' ...
23/11/2016 14:53:06:739 [15320] | ERROR | Failed to compile '...[snip]...\Pirate_SSAOILSC.fx':
S:\Games\steamapps\common\DDDA\Shader@0x17B3EEE0(122,34): error X4579: NaN and infinity literals not allowed by shader model
...[snip]...\Pirate_SSAOILSC.fx(445, 8): error: internal shader compilation failed

This same behavior was present in the earlier versions, as well, so just wanted to point it out.

Thanks again!

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #18 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Problem solved, thanks for letting me know.

Lazy cat here didn't test all toggles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinclair

• Sinclair
More
7 years 5 months ago #19 by Sinclair Replied by Sinclair on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Very nice, and very fast -- thanks!

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #20 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Just got lucky I was checking the forums. :p

Are there any effects you guys would like to see?

Already adding DoF and volumetric scatter, which should be removed from AO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrew

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.