Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

• andrew
More
7 years 5 months ago #21 by andrew Replied by andrew on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
It would be nice to see a good motion blur effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #22 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Just got lucky I was checking the forums. :p

Are there any effects you guys would like to see?

Already adding DoF and volumetric scatter, which should be removed from AO.

could you if you find the time redo how the debug output of your ao shader works as its somewhat hard for me to tell whats actually getting shade and whats not guess im just used to how the debug output on all the other ao shaders looks,just wondering would it be possible to add some type of debanding filter into the tonemap shader to filter out some artifacts that games generally have then use something like a bilateral blur(or something similar) to cover up any noise created by it ?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Kleio420.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #23 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Can you give me any screenshot examples? I haven't noticed either.

The debug on AO should be fairly intuitive.But I suppose I could try to make it better.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #24 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Photorealistic DoF should be coming in the next version.Still a few things left to code and then cleanup.

This example is a bit extreme to show the bokeh off. The DoF is at half resolution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina, Gar Stazi

• Elimina
More
7 years 4 months ago #25 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: Photorealistic DoF should be coming in the next version.Still a few things left to code and then cleanup.

This example is a bit extreme to show the bokeh off. The DoF is at half resolution.

• Martigen
More
7 years 4 months ago #26 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Loving your shaders Kitty, thanks for all the work :)

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #27 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

DoF has been added. Old SSAO config moved to Pirate_Depth.cfg, it now has the settings for the preprocess, ao and dof.

Correct order for the depth effects should be:
-PreProcess
-SSAO
-Everything else
-DoF

I recommend you put DoF last, but you might get neat results by using other effects on top of it. So experiment. Just make sure its after Preprocess for it to work correctly.

Things to note:
-Blur between camera and focal point isn't photorealistic, main reason for that is speed.
-The lens are hexagonal, the only reason behind this is, again, render speed.

Check github, either download master.zip or from the release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius

• moriz1
More
7 years 4 months ago #28 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
i'm getting a lot of compile errors.
Failed to compile '...\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Pirate_Depth.fx':
...\Pirate_Depth_DOF.fxh(246, 46): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'Frametime'
...\Pirate_Depth_DOF.fxh(246, 56): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected '/'

i found that the variable "Frametime" was commented out in Pirate_Global.fxh. uncommenting it out results in these errors:
| ERROR | Failed to compile '...\Pirate_Depth.fx':
...\Shader@0x0000020A15BB7E80(137,24-55): error X4579: NaN and infinity literals not allowed by shader model
...\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Pirate_Depth_SSAO.fxh(369, 8): error: internal shader compilation failed
...\Shader@0x0000020A5BF760A0(119,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
...\Shader@0x0000020A5BF760A0(119,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
...\Shader@0x0000020A02388940(125,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
...\Shader@0x0000020A02388940(125,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
...\Shader@0x0000020A02382C00(125,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop
...\Shader@0x0000020A02382C00(125,14-38): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, attempting to unroll the loop

i CAN get it to compile if i set reshade to performance mode, but the warnings remain.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #29 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
The first thing was just me derping.

As for the rest, it seems your video card has issue with variable loops. I added a toggle named DEPTH_AO_LOOP_FIX in the Pirate_Depth.cfg file. Try turning that to 1 and recompiling to see if it fixes that.

Check github for the fixes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinclair

• Kleio420
More
7 years 4 months ago #30 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote:
DoF has been added. Old SSAO config moved to Pirate_Depth.cfg, it now has the settings for the preprocess, ao and dof.

Correct order for the depth effects should be:
-PreProcess
-SSAO
-Everything else
-DoF

i see you did update the debug view for ssao appreciate it much easier to see then prior,few games i play couldnt tell what type of depth buffer it was using and it was very hard to see any changes with how debug view looked before

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #31 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
It's best to use the depth debug for that.

• Kleio420
More
7 years 4 months ago #32 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

PirateKitty wrote: It's best to use the depth debug for that.

the witcher 3 is one said game that acts weird with your shaders , pretty sure witcher 3 is a log depth but when enabled doesnt find anything in the buffer only works with all default options there are a few other games that dont work correctly with the buffer type either maybe its a bug on your end possibly ?

• Uncle Crassius
More
7 years 4 months ago #33 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

Kleio420 wrote:

the witcher 3 is one said game that acts weird with your shaders , pretty sure witcher 3 is a log depth but when enabled doesnt find anything in the buffer only works with all default options there are a few other games that dont work correctly with the buffer type either maybe its a bug on your end possibly ?

Don't use logarithmic depth, it's just inverted. Yes, the compatibility list shows something different, but that seems obsolete. Set Farplane to 0.005 and it should work.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #34 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
That might be it. Some games have inverted log depth, like gtav where you have to set it to under 1.0

• Kleio420
More
7 years 4 months ago #35 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)

Uncle Crassius wrote:

Kleio420 wrote:

Don't use logarithmic depth, it's just inverted. Yes, the compatibility list shows something different, but that seems obsolete. Set Farplane to 0.005 and it should work.

yea your value helps to fix the issue of nothing showing correctly , game seems to use both log/inverted anyway thanks for the help those who replied

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #36 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Not intended as promotion, wanted to share some results with your bloom shaders. I've utilized it to a subtle extent but it does so much to enhance the lighting in many scenes. Also used light adaptation shaders which has good results. It isn't exactly visible in this video though as game-play was mostly static.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by GP-Unity. Reason: typo

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #37 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Nice, glad to see it being used other than myself using it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GP-Unity

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 4 months ago #38 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
I'm literally using your eye/light adaptation shader in any game where performance isn't a problem - it's simply amazing :cheer:

• GP-Unity
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #39 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
BTW just remembered i did catch someone else using your shaders, you'll notice around the 29:00 mark of this video:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by GP-Unity.

• PirateKitty
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #40 by PirateKitty Replied by PirateKitty on topic Pirate Shaders For Reshade3 (Yar!)
Added a spread setting to the light adaptation shader, I've noticed that in some games, one ore more of the detection taps hit an UI element and the min/max values for light get stuck. So this setting should help fix that issue.

I might add a random function to it in the future if it seems to keep being an issue.

On other news, I recommend using "Value" as the luma mode for the DoF shader.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.