Magic Bloom

• Sunesha
More
7 years 1 month ago #21 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom
Sweet, will check check this out. I love ambient light shader. Will try it out for my Kerbal space program game session tonight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #22 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Magic Bloom
So I added a radius slider, removed the previous thresholding and replaced it with HDRPass' "Power" variable. Because of this, previous artifacting is fixed! I decided against implementing inverse tonemapping, as that would negate support of other games. Debating on whether or not I should apply tonemapping to the bloom right before blending to "smooth" things out. Perhaps that could be a preprocessor setting. :whistle:

Here is a video of my "progress" ;D
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO, andrew

• kwokut
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #23 by kwokut Replied by kwokut on topic Magic Bloom
sorry for poor english and i'm reshade noob
the shade have not effect when i close the reshade panel, but open the panel it is work.
same in 2 game i tried

• Sunesha
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #24 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom
Love this shader. Has become a member of my core team of shaders. I really like how it looks when you are in motion.

• Martigen
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #25 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Magic Bloom

Sunesha wrote: Love this shader. Has become a member of my core team of shaders. I really like how it looks when you are in motion.

Which one luluco's original or NMS' update?

• Sunesha
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #26 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom

Martigen wrote:

Sunesha wrote: Love this shader. Has become a member of my core team of shaders. I really like how it looks when you are in motion.

Which one luluco's original or NMS' update?

I was referring to Luluco's version. Though now got curious about NMS version.

Oh BTW, it was long ago you posted a thread about effect order. I disagree with you that uss sharpening before AA. But can say over time I liked your way better =) (Sorry for going off topic)

• gamehancer
More
7 years 1 week ago #27 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic Magic Bloom
hey please possible add magic bloom for reshade 2.0.6

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #28 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Magic Bloom

luluco250 wrote: This is really now something I wanted to make for myself and want to share with the world, I hope you enjoy it! :)

Yes, I'm enjoying it very much! Thank you for your work. I updated from SweetFX 2 to ReShade 3 a few days ago, and I just googled your shader in order to get to know more. It actually seems to depend a lot on the game. For instance, in Batman: Arkham City it didn't do much in a panorama scene, but it blew me away in Crysis 3! I wonder how you designed / programmed the shader. It seems almost as if you turn the sunlight up, (leaving other ambient light intact) if there is one such light source. I would be interested in a small article about how you arrived at your solutions. Your bloom effect also is so much different, more sensitive compared to what I've seen as bloom (just seas of bleeding whiteness).
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by brazzjazz.

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #29 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Magic Bloom

luluco250 wrote:

Hi luluco,
Could you take a look at this? Your effect may somehow break functionality of ReShade in some instances (and others maybe as well):
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3176-un...le-in-settings#22063
I'm curious as to what the first user there says.
Thx

Edit: SOLVED
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kuniyo

• Kuniyo
More
6 years 11 months ago #30 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic Magic Bloom
Hello,

I have the same issue but when I drag Magic Bloom to the top in reshade it will still work after closing the reshade configurator.
What you can also do is go to the settings tab and turn on either the clock or showfps, once you do that and close ReShade, all the effects should still be on.

For some reason Magic Bloom stops working when it's put in the wrong load order in Reshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 11 months ago #31 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Magic Bloom

Kuniyo wrote: Hello,

I have the same issue but when I drag Magic Bloom to the top in reshade it will still work after closing the reshade configurator.
What you can also do is go to the settings tab and turn on either the clock or showfps, once you do that and close ReShade, all the effects should still be on.

For some reason Magic Bloom stops working when it's put in the wrong load order in Reshade.

Yup, I was made aware of this issue also in another thread, thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kuniyo

• vfxninjaeditor
More
6 years 10 months ago #32 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Magic Bloom

brazzjazz wrote:

Kuniyo wrote: Hello,

Yup, I was made aware of this issue also in another thread, thanks.

Is this issue fixed now? I have been changing the load order and it seems to work fine when doing that.

• Alo81
More
6 years 8 months ago #33 by Alo81 Replied by Alo81 on topic Magic Bloom
Just wanted to call out that I tried this shader today and was terrifically impressed by it. Looks really, really great in game, Stellar job.

• SirTuttles
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #34 by SirTuttles Replied by SirTuttles on topic Magic Bloom
Any ideas on how to reduce the banding that I'm getting with this shader?

I'm really really liking how this one looks, but the banding is a bit distracting in a game like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and its abundant amount of darkness.

This is making me want to learn how to make my own shaders so I can understand how things work a bit more, :P

I have tried using the deband shader, but I can't seem to get the right affect without substantially blurring other elements in the crossfire.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by SirTuttles.

• Sunesha
More
6 years 8 months ago #35 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom

SirTuttles wrote: Any ideas on how to reduce the banding that I'm getting with this shader?

I'm really really liking how this one looks, but the banding is a bit distracting in a game like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and its abundant amount of darkness.

This is making me want to learn how to make my own shaders so I can understand how things work a bit more, :P

I have tried using the deband shader, but I can't seem to get the right affect without substantially blurring other elements in the crossfire.

You can just raise this number in the second tab of reshade gui in the Pre-processor settings. You have copy paste this, just remember to go to first tab and press reload.
MAGICBLOOM_ADAPT_RESOLUTION=256    // Determines the width/height of the texture used for adaptation. Must be a power of two value: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc.

256 is the default number. I use 1024. But you can go higher if you just multiply with 2. I really have not seen any difference in performance. It will reduce banding.

• SirTuttles
More
6 years 8 months ago #36 by SirTuttles Replied by SirTuttles on topic Magic Bloom

Sunesha wrote: You can just raise this number in the second tab of reshade gui in the Pre-processor settings. You have copy paste this, just remember to go to first tab and press reload.

MAGICBLOOM_ADAPT_RESOLUTION=256    // Determines the width/height of the texture used for adaptation. Must be a power of two value: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc.

256 is the default number. I use 1024. But you can go higher if you just multiply with 2. I really have not seen any difference in performance. It will reduce banding.

Hmm... I'm trying this, but it doesn't seem to have any affect.

I tried changing it manually in MagicBloom.fx as well.

Am I missing something?

image.ibb.co/bKV7Wa/MB256.png

image.ibb.co/jryY4v/MB1024.png

• Sunesha
More
6 years 8 months ago #37 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom
Looked at it. In your case it is not much to do. When you have those really dark shades. It is limitations of games being 8bit, I am not sure but think Reshade works in 8bit too.

You got like 256 shades. So when it is really dark stuff over large area it creates visible banding. Or areas of uniform colors like the sky.

I have checked those games that support HDR rendering but hopefully they will look very nice.

• SirTuttles
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #38 by SirTuttles Replied by SirTuttles on topic Magic Bloom
Yeah, I figured that was the case.

Those pictures aren't really the worst offenders, but ultimately it is noticeable in general because the game is filled with dark spaces.

It's a shame. I long for the day where HDR OLED monitors are a thing for the average consumer... and the day when GSYNC dies and Freesync rules supreme :P
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by SirTuttles.

• Sunesha
More
6 years 8 months ago #39 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Magic Bloom

SirTuttles wrote: Yeah, I figured that was the case.

Those pictures aren't really the worst offenders, but ultimately it is noticeable in general because the game is filled with dark spaces.

It's a shame. I long for the day where HDR OLED monitors are a thing for the average consumer... and the day when GSYNC dies and Freesync rules supreme :P

I really hope that too. Some games it really is in your face.

• gamehancer
More
6 years 3 months ago #40 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic Magic Bloom
hi please possible magic bloom work in reshade 2.0 ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.