SweetFX official thread

• CeeJay.dk
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #41 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic SweetFX official thread
The palette effect is now called Nostalgia, because I don't want people to confuse it with a ENB palette effect.

It's meant to reduce the color to a specified palette, so you can make the game look like it's a C64, NES, CGA or EGA .. etc game.

I'm not done with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Quentin-Tarantino, jmp909

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CeeJay.dk
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #42 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic SweetFX official thread
Got the idea from this effect : oos.moxiecode.com/js_webgl/c64_shader/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, YOBA

• NotSoSweet
More
9 years 3 days ago #43 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic SweetFX official thread
Hi guys! I got two small "problems" with GTAV! :)

1) If i use sweetfx screenshot feature (with png format) i got some weird black dots everywhere. It happens both in windowed and full-screen modes - please look at windows or cars or on this blue "F" logo: i.imgur.com/4cG5eIa.jpg

But if i use my poor screen-grab program to capture the whole desktop with GTAV in windowed mode, then everything is OK: i.imgur.com/SGRs9Y1.jpg

How to fix it?

2) And second question.... I see almost zero differences between default and maxed out SMAA SEARCH_STEPS settings.
default 16/6 i.imgur.com/5jhrXLW.jpg
maxed 98/16 i.imgur.com/tNIxT9Z.jpg

Is it normal?

• crosire
More
9 years 3 days ago #44 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX official thread

NotSoSweet wrote: If i use sweetfx screenshot feature (with png format) i got some weird black dots everywhere. It happens both in windowed and full-screen modes

Whoops? Is this a GTAV thing only or does this happen in other games too? Do you have MSAA enabled or disabled in-game or the driver?

• NotSoSweet
More
9 years 3 days ago #45 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic SweetFX official thread

crosire wrote: Do you have MSAA enabled or disabled in-game or the driver?

Whoops indeed... from my side :dry:

Tested it a bit and the cause is not a Reshade or SweetFX but Nvidia MFAA alone... Weird things!

Seems like
- if i use Reshade or MSI Afterburner to capture ingame with MSAA+Nvidia MFAA enabled - then i get black dots.
- if i use my old screen grab utility to capture the whole desktop - then everything is OK.

Don't know what to do now... ingame screen-grabs is robust and fast vs my old junk with 1-2 sec delay.

• NotSoSweet
More
9 years 3 days ago #46 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic SweetFX official thread
Btw, there is no black dots in Dragon Age Inquisition with MSAA+Nvidia MFAA or in WoW with MSAA+Nvidia MFAA. Must be GTA V only.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #47 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic SweetFX official thread
Please Keep Technicolor 2.
It said to let you know if you like it.
I like it.

Edit: Sorry that wasn't that descriptive, I like the colour and brightness features it has. It's a nice addition to the SweetFX arsenal.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Constantine PC.

• v00d00m4n
More
8 years 11 months ago #48 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic SweetFX official thread
New version of advanced CRT has replaced real desider resolution simulation with some aspect ratio that gives absolutely no control on desired effect. I would like to vote for official restoration of exact resolution settings.

Also with my experiments on advanced CRT I managed to find fundamental flaw - Width, if entered with desire to simulate original retro game resolution (for example I was messing with Shantae 2, which original resolution was 256x192) in case of wide screens and centered 4:3 or lesser than native screen width, dost not actually looks right, since simulated width applied to entire width of screen including black pillar boxes at side. so it kinda stretched.

To fix this I changed Width to dynamic value calculated relative to aspect ratio of screen, which actually preserves original size of pixels and all you have to enter is just height.

So I added this:
// CRT / Pixelart related addition
#define CurrentW			BUFFER_WIDTH*1.0f //dont touch, just a current screen resolution X
#define CurrentH 			BUFFER_HEIGHT*1.0f //dont touch, just a current screen resolution y
#define OriginalH			240.0f //enter original pixelated game height here before *1.0f or in format like 480.0f

and changed original values to that:
/*----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                    Advanced CRT settings                   /
  '----------------------------------------------------------*/
#define CRTAmount            0.5    //[0.00 to 1.00]  Amount of CRT effect you want

//#define CRTResolution      0.75     //[1.0 to 8.0]   disabled Input size coefficent (low values gives the "low-res retro look"). Default is 1.2
#define CRTResolutionX       ((CurrentW/CurrentH)*OriginalH)     //[1 to 2048]     Original input width of the game (ie. 320), not needed anymore,  dynamic now
#define CRTResolutionY       (OriginalH)     //[1 to 2048]     Original input height of the game (ie. 240), dy

did it like that to be sure that X got Y value before Y declared.

Optimized version would be:
/*----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                    Advanced CRT settings                   /
  '----------------------------------------------------------*/
#define CRTAmount            0.5    //[0.00 to 1.00]  Amount of CRT effect you want

//#define CRTResolution      0.75     //[1.0 to 8.0]   disabled Input size coefficent (low values gives the "low-res retro look"). Default is 1.2
#define CRTResolutionY      240     //[1 to 2048]     Original input height of the game (ie. 240)
#define CRTResolutionX       (((BUFFER_WIDTH*1.0f)/(BUFFER_HEIGHT*1.0f ))*CRTResolutionY)     //[1 to 2048]     Original input width of the game (ie. 320), not needed anymore,  dynamic now 1.0.f needed for less distorted look

So, now user only needs to enter number of lines and all should work fine.

Also there is another issue which I partially solved by *1.0f - depending of X value image getting very distorted and has some vertical tears and misalignments of pixels. Only usage of separate gauss filter before CRT makes it more or less correct (if you will watch very carefull you will see that 1 or few pixels displacement even with gauss).

• KADLex
More
8 years 8 months ago #49 by KADLex Replied by KADLex on topic SweetFX official thread
Admins Hello! I am creating a video on your program SweetFx. I want to learn about the history of the emergence of the project, by whom and when it was created. For what the game was vprervye applied. Can you help me with this issue.

• NotSoSweet
More
8 years 5 months ago #50 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic SweetFX official thread
Hello CeeJay!
Please update reshade.me/sweetfx#download to ReShade Version 1.1.0...

Many thanks!

• acknowledge
More
8 years 4 months ago #51 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic SweetFX official thread
Any progress on new version :)

• crisscross97
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #52 by crisscross97 Replied by crisscross97 on topic SweetFX official thread
Hey CeeJay, wasn't sure how to contact you I'm quite noobish. Sorry if this isn't the place to post this.

But I'm the creator of an ENB for Skyrim called the Dovahlandjas ENB that uses SweetFX.

Some poor people who are non-native non-English speakers are having trouble following my instructions to install my enb relating to getting SweetFX running together with ENB, I was wondering if I could have permission to include the SweetFX files and DLLs in my ENB's download file to make it easier for them to install?

A user posted on my thread and was very sad they couldn't install my ENB successfully so I want to be able to reach out to those folks who want to use it.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by crisscross97.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.