Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 1 year 3 months ago #1

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/pull/62

This shader is an extension of the LUT.fx shader already in Reshade shaders. It can work with a texture atlas with multiple LUTs packed together and has an easy selector to select the right LUT to use at runtime. It requires users who want to use their own LUTs to create their own LUT texture, but that's straight forward: for ever LUT, a 1024x32pixel normal LUT texture has to be present in the actual texture, the top one being the Neutral one (0), the one below (1) the first one in the selector in the UI and so on.

I've created the LUTs myself in photoshop by varying color balance for each one. I included 3 monochrome LUTs (1 sepia and 2 B&W: one medium contrast and one high-contrast)

Enjoy!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Horus, WalterDasTrevas, Ryukou36, GP-Unity, Rudy102, SteXmaN, PureEvilWindom, gasp, langgi

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 1 year 3 months ago #2

Great work! I think you shouldn't pack what the lut does into the title. I mean, if users change the texture, the title "sepia" for instance doesn't match.

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 1 year 3 months ago #3

why use Neutral but red?

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 1 year 3 months ago #4

Marty McFly wrote:
Great work! I think you shouldn't pack what the lut does into the title. I mean, if users change the texture, the title "sepia" for instance doesn't match.
yeah, true. Will think about removing that, is perhaps better.

@Hunt1hunt: I don't really follow what you mean exactly... 'neutral' is the default LUT which doesn't do any conversion :)
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OtisInf.

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 1 year 3 months ago #5

I'm using this shader for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 and it looks pretty good imgur.com/sZsCEgh

I tried using it in Sonic Generations too but it looked like this with the same settings imgur.com/1uteTEe
Do you know what could be causing this? Storm 4 is a d3d10+ game and Sonic is d3d9, if that makes any difference.

These are the settings i'm using:
[MultiLUT.fx]
fLUT_LutSelector=6.000000
fLUT_AmountChroma=1.000000
fLUT_AmountLuma=0.050000

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 10 months 1 week ago #6

I had an issue with LUT.fx - the single LUT and multi LUT. I can only get it working if I edit LUT.fx with correct LUT path. If I do within ReShade, it simply loads nothing or black screen, even if I edit the sizes in LUT.fx (64x64) and leave the rest default. It's from DisplayCAL and I use LUT.fx as a method to calibrate my display.

Also, I am curious whether 32bit PNG would be better than 24bit. DisplayCAL generates a 24bit PNG, but I noticed that conversion to 32bit with the latest Paint.NET makes PNG size smaller. I assume there is a reason for that and 24bit is what I should stick with?

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 3 weeks 3 days ago #7

Added 4 LUTs to the multiLUT shader, based on adobe lightroom presets. github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/pull/120
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 3 weeks 1 day ago #8

How can I get this new LUTS ? I love this shader, using it in every game I play ^^

MultiLUT shader with 12 LUTs in 1 texture 3 weeks 1 day ago #9

Faendra wrote:
How can I get this new LUTS ? I love this shader, using it in every game I play ^^

Get the texture: raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad.../MultiLut_atlas1.png
get the shader: raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad.../Shaders/MultiLUT.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faendra