GreatFX::v0.2b::by PetkaGtA

• PetkaGtA
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by PetkaGtA GreatFX::v0.2b::by PetkaGtA was created by PetkaGtA
Hey there! Let me introduce new ReShade shaderpack called GreatFX. So, probably you would ask me what so special about it?
Here is list of effects is currently done:
Screen Space Ambient Occlusion and Pseudo-Indirect Illumination - features really nice effect that make image look more realistic and shaded.
Bloom that uses actual airy disk value instead of default tresholding.
Edited Chapman Lens-Flare algorithm, with more lens-like features.
Bokeh Depth of Field, that uses combination of simple martinsh blur and mine n-edged bokeh algorithm.
Simple Tone-mapping and Vignetting
Screens: imgur.com/a/l0vp5#xOA4pob
And here is what planned:
Color Grading.
Color Correction.
More lens effects like anamorphic lens-flares, and chromatic aberration.
Improvements for existing algorithms.
Current version: www.mediafire.com/download/6txgs6kiu4g7674/ReShade_GreatFX.7z
Change Log:
v0.1b - initial release.
v0.2b - major ambient occlusion algorithm improvement, simple tone-mapper and vignetting implementation, small fixes.

If you know how to improve current algorithms and what effects should be implemented write your opinion here. :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by PetkaGtA. Reason: Update
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Ioxa, SunBroDave, Nekrik, fuze, Alex_outer, Marty McFly, SpinelessJelly, sajittarius, klotim and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PetkaGtA
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by PetkaGtA Replied by PetkaGtA on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
Improved Ambient Occlusion and Indirect Illumination algorithm: now it support two new offset sampling types - hemisphere based and ray-marching based. So you can enjoy your pseudo-global illumination ^_^
As well added more control over AO/GI and simple tone-mapping and vignette.
Some screens of SSAO/SSGI using ray-marching sampling in Dead Space:
With SSAO/SSGI ||||||||||||||||||||| Without SSAO/SSGI ||||||||||||||||||||| SSAO/SSGI buffer
[img
[img
[img

[img
[img
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex_outer, jas01, akilgour13

• Ioxa
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
The AO looks great! The global illumination kills my frame-rate but even without it the AO still looks really good. No conflicts with SweetFX, at least I didn't encounter any while using SMAA, which is nice. Only option I would like to see added is a way to disable effects in the config file.

• PetkaGtA
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by PetkaGtA Replied by PetkaGtA on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
Updated archive, now available - Ray-Marching and Horizon-Based Sampling, more AO/GI control, vignetting and simple tone-mapping(also added ability to disable effects in config file)! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
Can this be used somehow with ME at the same time? Is there a way to chain them? I really hate picking and choosing between various packages (which is why I am pretty excited about the new proposed framework.)

• PetkaGtA
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by PetkaGtA Replied by PetkaGtA on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
You can try to use this inside ReShade.fx should work but I didn't tried, I think namespaces will improve re-usability cause there can be same functions or parameter names.
#include "GreatFX/Helpers.fx"
#include "GreatFX/DoF.fx"
#include "GreatFX/Bloom.fx"
#include "GreatFX/AmbientOcclusion.fx"
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by PetkaGtA.

• Ioxa
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Can this be used somehow with ME at the same time? Is there a way to chain them? I really hate picking and choosing between various packages (which is why I am pretty excited about the new proposed framework.)

The only problem I had using it with ME was a redefinition of PI. I opened MasterEffect in Notepad++ and replaced all instances of PI with PIme, seemed to work fine after that.

Thanks for the option to disable effects in the config! Tonemapping doesn't seem to be working, the Tonemapping.fx file is empty and the include line is commented out in ReShade.fx. And the pragmas for fps and statistics in ReShade.fx could be confusing to anyone thats disabled those options in ReShade_settings.txt, I know I was a little confused at first when I saw the statistics pop up on the screen.

• PetkaGtA
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by PetkaGtA Replied by PetkaGtA on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA

Ioxa wrote: Thanks for the option to disable effects in the config! Tonemapping doesn't seem to be working, the Tonemapping.fx file is empty and the include line is commented out in ReShade.fx. And the pragmas for fps and statistics in ReShade.fx could be confusing to anyone thats disabled those options in ReShade_settings.txt, I know I was a little confused at first when I saw the statistics pop up on the screen.

Thanks for reminding, forgot to comment it. Anyway tone-mapping technique is in ambientocclusion.fx(for some reason I've got instant crash in Dark Souls II when tried to include "Tonemapping.fx", probably ReShade bug, will check it on other games)

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
Quick tipp: Avoid "uniform". ReShade does not yet allow ingame modification of shader values, so it's safe to make them constant (just replace "uniform" with "static const"). This should give you a nice little performance boost, because ReShade's compiler can optimize things further due to constant folding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• ThirdNostril
More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
Hmm is it possible to install this on the current version of reshade so the effects show up in the pipeline tab? Tried placing the shader folder along with the others inside the ReShade folder but they don't show up.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic GreatFX::v0.1b::by PetkaGtA
ReShade is NOT the mediator.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.